F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ will not run at 1066

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ will not run at 1066

I bought a 4GB GSkill Memeory kit (F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ) & a Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3LR motherboard from Newegg.com

I can run the memory fine & it is stable at 800Mhz 2.0v. But I cannot get my system stable if I set it to 1066Mhz. I have tried increasing the voltage to 2.1v, I also tried increasing the MCH by .5v as suggested in other forum posts. I have also tried manually setting the memory to 6-6-6-18 @2.0v with no joy.

I just cannot seem to get it to work at 1066 no matter what I try. I can run the sticks one at a time or I can run both in single channel mode.

I have a Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3LR motherboard with an Intel Q9550 CPU. I am running at stock speeds & do not overclock.

Assuming you are trying in slots 1,3, if so you might try in 2,4.

Did you set the timings manually in the MIT? (MB Intelligence Tweaker), if so may want to set the DRAM Performance Enhancer to STANDARD (default is Turbo)

Might also check Command rate in BIOS and if at 1T change to 2T

What BIOS are you running, F1 or F2a? OS?

If you answer this evening (Fri), I'll be in and out of the Forum...or if GSkill is around this evening they may have something

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for your response.
      Yes, I tried slots 1 & 3 instead & get the same thing. I also checked the command rate because I saw another post suggesting that. I also tried all 3 settings for the DRAM Perf enhance. I am unsure of the bios being f1 or f2. when I reboot I will check & post back.

Comment

please tell us your bios version so that we can replied this issue to Gigabyte
        thanks

G.S

Comment

My bios version is EP43-DS3LR F1

Looking at Gigabyte's site shows that F1 is the only version out.

There is version F2a, but it is in Beta & has been since 10/08

Comment

You shouldn't have to, but you might try kicking up the NB voltage a hair or two

Might try the F2a, Gigabyte rushed it out about 6 weeks after the original..quite often that's to fix minor bugs in the original (wish they would release info on what all they actually do in BIOS updates).

From what I've read about the mobo and the one I worked with briefly, they are pretty good with RAM, might check with GSkill and ask what the SPDs are....from reviews on the net a number of people have had problems with this particular set and it's ability to run at 1066 on a number of different mobos

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by madcow74 View Post
              My bios version is EP43-DS3LR F1

Looking at Gigabyte's site shows that F1 is the only version out.

There is version F2a, but it is in Beta & has been since 10/08
              OK
              We'll reflected this issue to Gigabyte to see if there is a solution to fix
              thanks

G.S

Comment

Gskill,
                Wondering if you heard anything back from Gigabyte, they are normally pretty good about getting back to people fairly quickly

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                  Gskill,
                  Wondering if you heard anything back from Gigabyte, they are normally pretty good about getting back to people fairly quickly
                  sorry, but we haven't receive the board to test yet
                  once we got result, we'll post it out
                  thanks

G.S

Comment

Sorry, sounded like you were referring this to then for their input, didn't realize you were getting a board, maybe GSkill-Tech could expedite, he's said he talks with them all the time. I know a couple people that have this mobo, though I've only worked with one of them, if I had the RAM I'd be happy to figure it out, but have not used, nor do I know anybody with this particular set of sticks.

Tman

Comment

we got this board today and are still testing...
                      we'll post the result tomorrow
                      thanks

G.S

Comment

here it is

we only set it DDR2 1066 6-6-6-18@2.0v
                        other settings are kept default
                        thanks

G.S

Comment

I think I'd still suggest trying the beta BIOS upgrade, otherwise it sounds like you may have 1 or 2 bad sticks....or possibly a mobo problem. My guess would be the RAM, like I said earlier, a number of people have had issues with this kit and actually being able to get it to run at 1066.

Tman

Comment

I am unable to get this package to run at 1066 speeds for me as well. I have an AsRock 780G motherboard. I tried going into the bios and setting manualy the timeings for 6-6-6-18@2.0v yet when I go into memtest the timeings are reported wrong. They show 6-4-3-4-32, was there a timeing I missed? I have been able to get the ram to post with my set speeds, and I have been runing them at 5-5-5-18 in DDR2800 mode for a while because I could not get 1066 to work without instability. Any suggestions? Here is a link to the specific motherboard I am trying to get this to work on....http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.as...yPort&s=AM2%2b

I also get many errors in memtest when I set the memory timings manualy at 6-6-6-18@32. Considering that the timeings are not sticking as memtest shows, does this mean I received a faluty set?
                            Last edited by beankid; 07-11-2009, 05:57 PM.

Comment

May well be, think I'd RMA it and request they check the new package before sending it out.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X