Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop

I recently bought http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-122-_-Product
    to upgrade the ram on my Hp Pavilion Media Center m8400f, I have four memory slots the first two are 512MB and the second two are 1GB, I have tried to install them twice now but when I try to turn the computer back on it doesn't boot, it makes noise but nothing happens on the screen, I replaced the new ram with the old 512MB ones and it starts up fine I hope that you can help me find a solution.

Thank you for any help.

Do you have the latest BIOS? Try one stick at a time. Also, make sure to use the G.Skill only, do not mix.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I believe I have the latest BIOS and by do not mix do you mean I should take out all four of the current ram and try the G.Skill RAM 1 stick at a time?

Oh and thanks for the response so quickly.

Comment

Yes, 1 G.Skill or 2 G.Skill modules only. The older chips and G.Skill chips will most likely not work together.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for clarifying it for me, I will try it that way and I will post the results.

Comment

Same deal.

I'm having the same issue as stated here. I purchased the same RAM and put it into an HP Entertainment PC, M8200n. The motherboard is a Nettle 2 MCP61PM-HM with an AM2 socket. Apparently this RAM is meant for an Intel board? Does this mean my RAM won't function with my board? Or is there something I can do. Awesome timing on this post. Thanks for any help!

Comment

Holy shoot

Okay I've done a bit of research and have figured out the issues Johalt. The mother board we have is AM2 or AM2+. And thats an issue for this RAM. So you need to update it so that it has full Phenom II support. Which is a pain and a process that you can find with a quick search for your board. Also the BIOS has to be updated. There is a problem that causes this motherboard to get stuck at a certain point during boot . That can be done through the HP website but only if you are still running Windows Vista. I'm an idiot and just installed Windows 7 so now I have no idea how i'm going to get this BIOS update.

Hopefully someone knows if I can install Windows Vista using VMware and get the update?

Anyway I'm not computer smart yet so I don't know how i'm going to go about this
              Last edited by alex_dh9; 04-12-2011, 09:21 PM.

Comment

You should be able to update the BIOS the same way with Win 7.

The BIOS is outside of Windows, so it should not be affected.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

I wish

Thats what I was thinking but the only update I find for that board is O/S depending. In fact I even installed Vista to make it work but it still tells me that my system does not meet minimum requirements. Time to return this RAM and get a new board. Headache. Thanks!
                  Last edited by alex_dh9; 04-13-2011, 10:51 AM. Reason: forgot

Comment

Ok I tried taking all 4 of the stock RAM out and adding 1 of the G.Skill at A time it booted up perfectly and it seems to be running faster even though I only increased my RAM by 1GB,
                    So now I just need to buy another set and I will be at my motherboards limit.

Thanks for the help, I'm ecstatic that I finally have them installed.

Comment

Glad to hear it, Enjoy!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X