Freeze issue with F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeze issue with F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK

Hi. I've seen lot of threads about this memory and tried some solutions but the computer keeps freezing.

CPU : intel core2quad q8400
    Motherboard : Asus P5QD Turbo
    Ram : F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK ( 2x2Gb )

Timings are supposed to be 4-4-4-12 but the bios ( up to date ) sets them automaticaly at 5-5-5-15. If I let them at 5-5-5-15 I get random freeze while playing games ( screen goes black then I hear a sound loop, no bsod ) When I reboot sometimes there's a whea-logger event in the event viewer.
    If I set timings at 4-4-4-12 the system becomes even more unstable with "memory management" bsod most of the time.
    I've tried tweaking the timings and voltages from what I've read on the forum but I'm still freezing.

Those sticks caused the same problem on an other pc so I'm pretty sure it comes from that. Also I've run multiple memtest/windows memory diagnostics without any errors.

Which timings should I put to ensure the best compatibility with my system ?

4-4-4-12. Did you raise DRAM voltage? Test each individually to see if one is defective.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I tried raising it to 2.0 and 2.1 with no success. I'll try testing each memory sticks with automatic settings and with forced 4-4-4-12. I'll post results in a couple of days.
      Thank you.

Comment

Hi. I've got glitches with the first stick so I switched to the other one, it has been four or five days and I haven't noticed any problem since then. It seems like one of the sticks was defective indeed.
        Last edited by sora_no_tenshi; 11-20-2010, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Prob want to contact for a RMA, they should do a stick by itself, try

rma@gskillusa.com or rma@gskill.com for global

may be Monday before they can get back to you

The info you'll want for them is at

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you. Your online assistance is the best I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
            X