Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL5D with a Biostar TForce 965PT problem

MB: BIOSTAR TForce965PT LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz 2M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor
    RAM: GSKILL F2-6400CL5D-2GBPQ
    GSKILL F2-6400CL5D-1GBPQ
    GSKILL F2-6400CL5D-1GBPQ
    VGA: XFX ATI 4870 1GB
    previously XFX GeForce 7950GT 512MB

My computer is fine in the desktop, but whenever I am running a game, it crashes randomly. Sometimes I can play for an hour, and sometimes I can only play 10 minutes. This is across all games, and I have swapped out the video cards as well. All the blue screens of death are randomly attributed to different files. Sometimes it is All four sticks of ram passed the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool, however. If I use only two of these sticks and replace it with two sticks that I borrowed from my friend, the computer runs fine and I can play games without any issues.
    Bios settings are default, and the ram is set to auto. My computer does not overheat, as the case is always open. Windows has been reinstalled many times, I?ve tried Windows 7 32bit, 64bit, and no luck. I bought 1 stick of this ram first, a few months later, I bought a second stick and the computer was working fine. After a few more months, I bought the last two sticks and that is when I started having issues. My cpu is overclocked from 1.86 to 2.00 but even at stock, 1.86, the computer has the same problem with random blue screens during games. Would you guys have any ideas? Please let me know. Thanks.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS. Test each module inidividually to see which is defective causing the instability.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi there,

No errors come up when I run Memtest or Windows Memory Diagnostics when I test each piece of ram separately. When I test all four together, however, it found a LOT of errors. Each time I run the test on all four together, however, it just hangs now, instead of reporting the errors. Next step... ?

Thank you.

PS I am running the latest bios version.

Comment

Try bumping up the NB Voltage to see if that helps.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I am unable to bump up the NB voltage. The voltage is at 1.45 and I do not have the option to increase or decrease it. It is greyed out on my screen.

Comment

Are other voltages changeable? There may be an option to enable voltage changes.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

There doesnt seem to be an option to enable me to modify the nb/sb voltage.

I have done a little bit more research, and these are the actual settings when my system is overclocked and when it is not.

Overclocked to 2.0ghz
              NB/SB 1.47V
              +5.0V 4.94V
              DDR Voltage 1.91V
              CPU Vcore 1.36V
              Voltage Bat 3.28V
              FSB 287
              multiplier 7
              ram 430.5Mhz
              FSBRAM 2:3

Stock at 1.86ghz
              NB/SB 1.26V
              +5.0V 4.97V
              DDR Voltage 1.81V
              CPU Vcore 1.31V
              Voltage Bat 3.28V
              FSB 266
              multiplier 7
              ram 400.1mhz
              FSBRAM 2:3

timings for both settings are 5, 5, 5, 15

I gathered all that info from the built in motherboard's hardware monitor and from CPU ID. Even at Stock, the cpu will crash randomly, so I do not think the 430mhz speed of the ram is the cause of the problem. I will look for a way to modify the FSBRAM ratio and see if it can be modified.

Let me see if i can change the bios to another version that can let me modify the nb/sb voltages. Please let me know if the data i provided tells us something else. Thank you.

Comment

Do you have 2 modules or 4 modules?

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

i have 4 modules , each one is a 1gb stick.

Comment

You may just have incompatible sticks. Send them in and request to have them tested, that way all four modules are guaranteed to work together.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you for your time and assistance. I'm looking at the RMA form, do I need to fill out multiple forms or just one form? I have the following 4 modules in my computer:

One kit of model F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ
                      Two kits of model F2-6400CL5S-1GBNQ

Can I just list both model #s and indicate a total quantity of 4 modules of 1GB RAM in the quantity field? Thank you again for your help. Have a good one.

Comment

You can just use one form, but you will need to list all models. Also, quantity would be 3 since you have 3 kits total.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi again,

Thanks for your help. I obtained an RMA number (RMA# UR2103527)and mailed in the 3 kits. They arrived at their destination on monday or tuesday of this past week. I'll check on the RMA status in the other forum thread. Thank you again for your time. Have a good one.

Comment

Working...
                          X