F2-8500CL5D-4GBTD w/ Biostar TA790GXE 128M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL5D-4GBTD w/ Biostar TA790GXE 128M

I'm having trouble getting both sticks to work in my rig. When I put both in the computer will turn on but nothing happens on the screen. I think the one stick is running in single channel but I don't know how to remedy this. I have the one stick set to 1066MHz and its running fine so far. When I put the other stick in there it will look like its on but nothing comes up on the screen. Also I'm running XP Pro 32bit and in system info it says I'm only running 1.7 GB instead of 2. Any insight to these issues would be much appreciated. If someone could just tell me what all the timings for the RAM should be that way I know I'm not screwing anything up. My system specs are:

AMD Phenom 2 x4 955 BE
    PC8500- 2x2GB Trident series
    Biostar TA790GXE 128M
    onboard graphics
    Last edited by stickyphoenix; 04-10-2010, 12:41 PM.

Setup should be sticks in slots 1-2 or 3-4, in BIOS, manually set speed to 1066, base timings to 5-5-5-15, DRAM Voltage to 1.8, Command Rate/Timing to 2N....and check tRFC, should be 110 or 127, depending on available options. If it doesn't work in one set of slots (say 1-2) then try the other set. If it still has problems try running memtest on each stick individually in slot 1 to see if a stick is bad. If both are okay may have to increase voltage to the CPU/MCH and or NB/HT (posting your BIOS settings would help us)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I can't use the one at all. BIOS won't post or anything. The computer will be on but nothing shows up on the screen. I think its bad but idk. So right now I'm using the one good one. I've tried all the tricks, putting just the one in, putting it in different slots, putting both in. When I have both in the same thing happens as if I only put the one bad in.

Comment

Try the "bad" one in the working slot and see if it works. If not, you will need to send it in a for a new replacement.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X