• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ with Asus M3A78-T

RAM : 4 x 2 GB F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ
    MB : Asus M3A78-T
    CPU : Phenom II X3 720 BE with Alpf?hn/Gro?Klockner

hello,
    can you tell me the (pro)settings for my components ?
    so that i can try to use the Ram with 1000 Mhz ?

thx

You will have issues operating DDR2-1000 with 4 sticks. Try reducing to 800 first, then work your way up.

Set memory frequency to DDR2-800
    Memory timings tCL 5 - tRCD 5 - tRP 5 - tRAS 15 - Command Rate 2
    Memory Voltage 2.0V
    NB Voltage 1.40V
    HT Voltage 1.40V

You may also need to loosen some timings such as tRFC. Let me know how it goes.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

since one year i have no problems with 4x2 GB on 800 Mhz autosettings, the system runs always stable.
      without overclocking

Now i saw that asus offers last year a Bios, including the 1067 Mhz memory setting. I patched it short time ago and now i saw that the Asus M3A78-T are in your List of garanted boards.

So i ask me, if i can use all the power of my Memory

The settings you are offering running without Problems stable, but the 1,4 Voltages at NB and HT are getting colored from green (at 1,28v) to red (1,40v) at the Bios, but running also stable.

I think I have to push up the FSB to get the 1000 Mhz ? Up to FSB 240 Mhz my system running stable, but i dont know the max / best settings for the memory (like tRFC) and so on.
      it would be nice if you can give me some tips which settings are best for trying

thx
      Lucky
      Last edited by Lucky; 01-27-2010, 01:42 PM.

Comment

What tRFC are you running, need at least 195 (in ns)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

@ Tradesman

at the moment all @ Autosettings .. 800 Mhz .. stable
          but want to try up to 1000 Mhz, but i dont know all/best settings for it
          so i wait for an answer of GSkill Tech like this thread :
          http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1429

Comment

Gskill should be back in Mon, best bet is to enter your base timings, DRAM Voltage, speed manually, don't trust the auto, also command rate/timing will need to be 2N and tRFC 195 for 4 sticks. You may also have to increase the voltage to the CPU/MC.........hmmmm, have you unlocked the 4th core on your 720? If you've got a good 720 and can unlock the 4th core, it's actually a 940 chip

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

tried to unlock .. but only 3 cores are working .. but the cpu is fast enough with 3 cores

Comment

Set the CPU Host Clock to 250 and that will give you DDR2-1000. Everything else should be fine.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                X