Crashes ever so often

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes ever so often

Model of the motherboard: GA-EP45-EXTREME -------(http://www.gigabyte.us/Products/Moth...ProductID=2860)
    Model of the memory: F2-9600CL5-2GBTD (8 GIGS OF IT)
    Model of the CPU: Intel QX 9650

Crashes ever so often, people tell me I need to reconfigure the BIOS. However what is the best configuration with the mobo I have. I know the crashes happen because of the memory because it started when I replaced the memory.

The extra sticks may be stressing out the memory controller. Try increasing the MCH Core to 1.40V. You may also need to increase tRFC to 88.

Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

You may also need to increase tRFC to 88.

I dont see that option at all.

Comment

So I found the settings changed everything I could and still crashs randomely, the actual error in Windows 7 shows "Kernel Power 41 Task Category 63", when I remove the ram and put in my old ram it works fine without crashs.

I also played around to see if it will crash with just 1 stick, and it does.

I attached the cpu-z info. I think the timing is wrong...
        Last edited by HardSide; 12-15-2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

tRFC will be in the advanced timings...also check that command rate is at 2T in the BIOS, ensure you have the latest update to the BIOS......also what FSB are you running and what's the vCore on the CPU?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

command rate is 2t and cvore is 1.22500v

Comment

I'd first try upping the vCore 1.265 and try that, and make sure that the base timings, command rate, and DRAM voltage are loaded manually (don't use AUTO), with 8 GB you might not be able to hit 1200 so might consider trying 1100 or even 1066 (at 1066 yu ...might...might...be able to tighten down the timings and runm at CL4)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

If it crashes with the proper settings with one stick, you may need to have them replaced. They should have no issues operating DDR2-1200 with one stick at a time.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

So its been 2 months, finally found the problem. Windows 7, including cpuid shows I have all 4 sticks running at 2048 mbytes.

So now I installed Easy Tuen6 - a release from Gigabyte makers of my Mobo, and it shows my 2nd stick running at 1024 mbytes, obviously this is a problem. but what I don't understand is that the flash screen before you enter the operating system it shows 8 gigs running.

Now what I do? I can't return the stick to Newegg, its been 2 months.

Comment

Simply visit our website at http://www.gskill.com/rma.php for complete RMA procedures.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                    X