Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R (rev. 1.0) + E6750 + pc8500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R (rev. 1.0) + E6750 + pc8500

I am booting up fine but I am still pretty ignorant about the minutia of ram timings. I have been running my E6750 (An awesome chip by the way!) 2.66 OC'd to 3.2 ghz (400 x 8) since day 1 but until I got this 1066 ram I was unable to get higher but I knew the chip could do it.
    My cpu is always around 30-35 celsius even under load (I have a thermaltake cooler seen on this page: )

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/94...l?tl=g40c14s52

Anyway as of today I am at 3.52 (440 x 8) and I haven't finished experimenting.

What I want to know is what are the finer details of how to get the most performance from my ram at this config? I have 5-5-5-15 timing and it's fine but the other day I had a bios config where I stress tested under Half-life2 Lost Coast and avg. 96 fps where normal is 70 fps for me. Unfortunately I was too lazy to save or write down so after some more tweaks it's back to 70 fps! Not bad but I want to know what I did to get those extra Fps's

So all this to brag a little about my OC but more importantly to know how to squeeze every last penny's worth from this excellent ram.

(Btw I am using a radeon xt1950xtx Video card and 2 x 2mb pc8500 1066 Ram)

whoops

I meant to say pc8800 ram 1100! Sorry

Also I can only use the ram in slots 2 and 4 because my cpu heat sink is in the way of the ram heat sink in slot 1.

Comment

8800 would prob be the PIs, F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI. You'll want to set the speed, 1100, timings 5-5-5-15, Command rate to 2T and voltage to 1.9 manually and then work from there. From the sounds of it you might be able to tighten the timings, but it might be iffy. Another option would be test the speed and performance of the RAM at the stock settings, then drop the speed (1066, maybe even down to 800) and then tighten them maybe even to 4-4-4-12 which may actually show a boost in true performance in your benchmarks.

It's mostly playing with it, so have fun (and make sure you keep a record of your settings as you go)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

okay

So I think I hit the ceiling, if not of my hardware at least my understanding.

I am stable a t 3.6 (450 x 8) My mobo just doesn't seem to like ay higher FSB. I got it to boot at 465 x 8 = 3.72ghz but when I tried to stress test on Lost Coast I got BSOD.

I also tried to go 533 x 7 = 3.71 but no boot. in fact 533 x anything was no go. I don't know what would make that possible but anyway it seems Im sol for higher FSB.

So I am resting at 3.6 (a 1ghz OC, not too shabby) and my ram timings are

FSBRAM 1:1
        4-5-5-15 68 clocks 2T

Does that sound right or should I fiddle with anything else?

Comment

Pretty good if you ask me. Should be running pretty fast. Do some benchmarks to get a comparison to other systems.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Pretty good, you mention hitting the wall at 465 (which may well be the wall), but most mobos have sort of a bump, a range of 10-15 or so on the FSB, where it just seems lost....at times you can jump over that, here maybe 470 and it might still run stable (keep it cool, monitor temps)....or at 465, you may have to manually kick up the vCore, most mobos have trouble setting the vCore automatically when you rise past their rated FSB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

sure, I tried but the temps didn't seem to be the problem. the 2 temps I can see are system and cpu and the cpu I have seen as high as 40c and similar for the system. Seems safe enough, but I was leary about voltage. The Vcore I have around 1.50, I went up to like 1.75 when I was trying the 533 mhz fsb but still no good, so I was wondering if it was okay to do. I mean are temps the only concern or may I still damage the hardware if I run too much juice through it even if the temps are acceptable. Also what if there are other temps I couldn't see monitored? My case has a big fan in the front drawing air in, a ig fan in the back plus the Power supply fan in the back pushing out, plus I have two medium fans in the side blowing in on the BUS heat sink and memory area and the graphics card. I think I am about as cooled as air can get you. That having been said I don't want to ruin my gear.

Any tips or responses to that?

Comment

Working...
              X