Ram not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram not working

I have purchased G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK and thy do not work at any setting together. They work individually but will not work in any configuration together i cant even install the os. When i run the stick individually however they are fine but i still do get bsod everyone in a while. Besides that i didnt buy 2x2gb sticks for the reason to have one working. I have tried manual setting the timings to the recomended no good. they didnt work on other computers either but my kingston and corsair ram worked just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Model of the motherboard:ASRock A790GMH/128M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Model of the memory:G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK

Model of the CPU:AMD X3 720 BE
    Last edited by Hammer-Hands; 10-07-2009, 08:38 PM.

They don't work on an existing system? I ask because some boards will only allow you to run one stick while installing an OS. You may want to install with one stick, then add the other. Another possibility is that the BIOS is not the latest.........another possibility would be a bad stick, hoping to try all possibilities to avoid an exchange or RMA

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes they do work with an existing system again just not together it is really weird . I tried installing with one stick same deal, error at the end of install of the os (vista home premium 64-bit). I have tried many configs and i cant seem to get them to be stable even at lower clocks. The use i can get out of them is normally short lived. They work for a bit till bsod if install the os then put them in after and will run till i start running programs which use a bit of memory. Then i get more bsod's. I don't know it's really weird. I have not seen this before so i have no clue how to remedy this. Which is why i came here. I'm babbling now sry.

Comment

I have the same exact memory module : G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Model
        F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK that you have and I'm also running into the same problems.

It doesn't matter what I set my Bios settings to, can't install Windows OS at all. Surprisingly if I use only 1 stick, I can install
        Windows OS without any problems. If I try both sticks, OS install will failed with error that it has to halt system install to prevent system damage.

Try on 2 different motherboards, GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R and ASRock P45TS, getting exact fatal install errors on both. Try different
        memory brand (Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 Desktop Memory Model KHX8500D2K2/4G) and
        Windows OS installs fine, no problems.

From the many different complaints I've seen on the net, I do believe this memory module F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK has alot of defects.

Beng

Comment

You can go ahead and do the install on the one stick and then add the second after the OS is up and running. This has been an issue with Vista and various RAM/mobo combination's since the beginning (and actually going back into Beta)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You may have one bad stick. Try testing each memory module individually to identify which is indeed defective. Send that one stick or the complete kit in and we will send you a new replacement set that should work much better.

For the GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, we have a guide for that specific motherboard and memory combination. If the memory is good, it will definitely work with those settings.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
            X