F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B and GA-EP45-UD3P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B and GA-EP45-UD3P

Bios settings for using G. Skill F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B (8gb’s Pi PC2-6400) with a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P v1.6, and an Intel Quad Core Q6600:

Unless otherwise noted below, the setting is auto
    Changes are done in BIOS using the MB Intelligent Tweaker
    CPU Host Clock Control (Enabled)
    CPU Host Frequency 400mhz FSB (mine is set using 8x CPU multiplier for a 3.2ghz OC)
    PCI Express 100
    CIA2 (DISABLED)
    Advanced Clock Control
    CPU Clock 900
    PCI Clock 900
    CPU Skew 0
    MCH Skew 0
    Performance Enhance (STANDARD)
    System Memory Multiplier SPD 2.00D
    Dram Timing (MANUAL)
    CAS (CL) 4
    tRCD 4
    tRP 4
    tRAS 12
    Advanced Timing Control
    tRRD 4
    tWTR 4
    tWR 8
    tRFC 68
    tRTP 4
    Command Rate CMD 2
    Static Read 10
    Load Line Calibration (ENABLED)
    MCH Core 1.300
    ICH Core 1.200
    DRAM Voltage 2.00

For Advanced BIOS Settings:
    CPU Multi Threading (Enabled)
    Limit CPUID (Disabled)
    No Execute Memory Protect (Enabled)
    CPU Enhanced Halt (Disabled)
    CPU Thermal Monitor (Disabled)
    Virtualization Technology (Enabled)

Hope this information can help someone else out
    Last edited by 4x64; 10-03-2009, 06:26 AM.

Sounds actually weird that you should have to modify anything for this board as it should be high-end. I'm running any ASUS board out-of-box with these memories.

Here's a thread on OC on these blocks.
    http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=824
    "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
    http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

When first adding the memory to the board, the timings set themselves differently than I have posted like 5 5 5 15, etc.. and they were a lot slower than they are now, so I posted what worked for me to hopefully help someone else.

They are running as good as 533mhz RAM now at a lower bus speed-- that's what I find weird, I am not convinced the jump from 6400 to anything above is worthy of the coin spent upgrading your DDR2

I invite you or any one else with an opinion/fact or thoughts to comment on my thoughts about speeds higher than 6400 and I would love to be convinced differently.

Also, what timings did your ASUS board show when the RAM was first installed? Did you make any changes to them??

Comment

Thank you for the settings POST, it should prove to be helpful to many others. DDR2-800 CL4 is very close if not better in write/copy speeds than DDR2-1066 CL5 in many cases. This is why when some motherboards are unable to handle 8GB of 1066, we suggest operating DDR2-800 @ CL4. Many people miscontrue this as a problem with the memory, but in actuality it is the memory controller not being able to handle 8GB @ 1066. As far as stability and performance with 8GB, your combination would be ideal. Glad to see you have it working properly.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Genetix post has is a good work in progress post and has lots of useful info.
          Last edited by 4x64; 09-12-2009, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Changed a few things and they are even faster now:

Now running at 960mhz (480 x2) set at 5 5 5 15 CR 2t and tRFC 68
            DRAM volts at 2.00
            MCH Core 1.40
            ICH Core 1.20
            FSB DRAM 5:6 (2.4 spd)

They are performing EXCELLENT!!

Comment

What FSB and vCore are you running?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

FSB is 1600 and Vcore is 1.26 CPU-Z verification link is below:

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=704844

Comment

I got a new one for you. This is gonna be really tricky, but it'll be fast as hell.

Here was the system specs:
                  Intel X38/48 board
                  Intel Q9450 CPU (So, Voltage will differ)
                  G.Skill PI-B 6400 800Mhz Memory 8GB (yes, this is 4 sticks)

FSB: 450
                  Memory Ratio: 6:5
                  Memory speed: 540Mhz/(1081Mhz)

Here's a dump from my board:

I tested this on MemTest86+ full test and I dumped it through Linpack 20 full memory tests. The memory test went through like a dream at 2.1V at vDIMM/Memory Volt, but Windows LinPack had huge issues so that's why I had to pump the Northbridge voltages up to make it stable. First stable was at NB 1.488v. (CPU is another story since everyone has different CPUs).

NOTE: CPU would of been stable at 1.296v(actual) with 1.264v VTT, but since this 1081Mhz on RAM is my bottom line, atm and I am trying to get the FSB459 Stable at 1100Mhz at DDR2. (which would be around 9200MB/s read speeds with increased write/copy speeds from 1:1 ratio setup stable).

-edit-

btw, hehe, posted some funny stuff on HERE to another thread. On your question there. Hope you got better stuff running.
                  Last edited by genetix; 09-12-2009, 07:06 AM.
                  "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:

Comment

Genetix--- Nice push, how stable is it??

I got mine running at 960 ROCK SOLID!! and I know they will do a lot more.

I also am running 4 x2gb sticks, and they are proving to be a nice set of RAM.
                    Last edited by 4x64; 09-14-2009, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Wonder if that 960Mhz is on Ratio 1:1 or something else? Since it might not be as fast as you think now.

Comment

5:6 ratio (2.4 x 400 = 960)

CPU-Z link for proof: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=709973

Comment

Sweet.....................

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It would actually work faster with 800Mhz 1:1 than that 960Mhz. Plus the ram would be very very much quicker. Since that would be CL4-4-4-12 or 4-4-3-10(would be nice). Of course 6:5 is -1T only on tRD, but still.

Comment

My guess is they are out of stock and a few days from an expected shipment, the 184 2x2 is in stock, the 172 is on wish list, so am guessing the 172 is due soon and the PI-B is out for a few days yet (maybe a week or more), they still show it in 800, and 900.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X