Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a G skill 8800CL5D-4GBPI Need help in overclocking

Hi Everyone,

I am a newbie and a n00b(Hence the username), when it comes to overclocking ram. But, I decided to buy this one to enhance PC gaming in general.

Here are my specs

Motherboard:EVGA 780i SLi
    CPU: Q6600~2.4GHZ-Stock-G0 Edition
    RAM: G.Skill PI Series F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI

Can anyone explain how I overclock my ram?Cause I know you have to change the bios, but, I have no idea what settings to pick.

I want to overclock it to 1100mhz

It would be great if anyone can give me a step by step process cause I have no idea how to.

My CPUZ
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=621458

Cheers
    Last edited by n00bular; 07-28-2009, 04:06 PM.

Anyone?

I simply change FSB (QDR) to 1500 and MEM (DDR) to 1100*. You may want to raise CPU FSB Voltage to 1.3V. Also don't forget to change MEM Voltage to 1.9V but windows 7 freezes at startup

Comment

First you need to change your CPU Ratio to x10. At x6, your processor is only running at 1.6GHz!

In FSB & Memory Config, change FSB Memory Clock Mode to [Unlinked]. Then change the values you stated above, 1500 FSB (QDR) and MEM (DDR) 1100.

In CPU Configuration, make sure it looks like this:

Then in System Voltages, increase CPU FSB to 1.3V. Memory to 1.9V. HT nForce 1.3V.

Save an exit and you computer should be running smoothly.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Now that's curious setup advice.

Hell, I just got to check this one out myself, heh.. I fail to see return 0, bring down while too much stress or general multiplier changes could affect, but seen so weird stuff that who knows.
        "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
        http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

okay I tried that, but the ram refuses to go any over 1000mhz. The computer starts to make large beeps if I do. I set the multiplier at 8x(cause 9x seems to cause my computer to restart so its not verys stable at those frequency). Atm its fine. But I want to be able to overclock a bit more.

I just bought an OCZ Vendetta 2 cooler as well.

Comment

Increase the DRAM Voltage to 2.1V and see if that stabilizes. If not..

Try 1600 FSB and increase the CPU FSB and HT nForce to 1.4V and see if that will make a difference. You might want to slightly increase CPU Core Voltage to give it a little boost. Just make sure the CPU is operating correctly and at least at stock speeds.

What are you Advanced Timing default values? Let me know so I can see how the motherboard is liking the memory.

CPU-z or BIOS shots would be great as well so we can get an idea of where you're at.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
            X