• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2.8500CL5D-4GBI-B Problem .

Hello, 2 tweeks ago i get this config :

Phenom 2 x4 940 3.0 (deneb) (am2+)
    Gigabyte ga-ma78gm-us2h (rev1.0)
    G.skill f2-8500cl5d-4gbpi-2 (in dual chanel)

The problem is that the system crash on 1066 (Bsod) , and today on 800 mode reboot on his own.

y pass the memtest86 3.5 and in the first step on 50 % system reboot .

i set the timings like you sayd in Note to AMD AM2+ users...

cpu-z:
    DRAM Frequenzy 535.8 Mhz
    FSBRAM 3.8
    CAS latency 5.0
    ras to cas delay :6
    ras precharge : 6
    cycle time 24
    bank cycle time : 33
    command rate: 2t

what yould i do ? i need to increase the nb voltage too ?, or memory problems? , Thanks you .

PD: sorry for my inglish.

Do you have 1 set of RAM or 2? 4GB or 8GB total? First you show timings at 5-6-6-24 when you want 5-5-5-15 (you may have AUTO turned on and need to set to manual. Your command rate of 2T is good. Make sure your RAM voltage is at 2.1. (and when setting all, check your tRFC timing (it should be in the advanced RAM timings area. Should be around 56 (+/-2) for 4GB and around 83 (+/-3) for 8GB.

Give this a try, if it doesn't work may want to relax the timing to 5-6-6-18 or try raising the NB oltage a tick or two.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

sounds much like 8GB 4 block scenario. The 5-6-6-24 simply won't cut it. even 5-7-7-24 would be close. Try 6-6-5-17 seems quite nice, if that's indeed all controller slots full.
      "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
      http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Hi, thanks for answer
        i have 1 set (2x2048) total 4gb .

Comment

It looked like 8 to me also (the '2' following your RAM Model name. I would go ahead and just start with the standard settings 5-5-5-15, 2.1 volts, command rate 2T and wouldn't mess with the NB voltage.

Genetics might have some ideas for tighter timings, he seems to know the AMD CPUs and idiosyncrasies of them much better than I do, I primarily do Intel builds. Hope he/she will jump back in.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

hi , i try whit 5-5-5-15 2.1 and command rate 2t but still unstable. may be this g.skill f2-8500cl5d-4gbpi are not compatible whit this mobo ? or is something else ? . thanks

Comment

It should run, what BIOS are you running? The current one is F5 (dated 6/5/2009), found here

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...2995#anchor_os

GB has been working hard lately upgrading the BIOSs of most all their mobos to ease compatibility issues with RAM. Be nice if GSkill would jump in, they ought to be able to get hold of a mobo and test it, think thats what they are suppose to be here for

Tman

Comment

To mix you completely up.. on EPP #1 tRC(Bank Cycle Time) is 36t. Probably won't help, but if I remember the AMD boards correctly the lower the tRC the easier it started flawing memory.
                Last edited by genetix; 06-27-2009, 03:18 AM.
                "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:

Comment

hi tradesman, i will try to update the bios .but i need to ask a stupid question , i have the f3 bios versio right now, i need to update to f4 first ?, or update to f5 whitout update f4 ? , thanks.

Pd: i will try Bank cycle time on 36 , thanks genetix.

Comment

You can go straight to the newest one, they include the previous generations and fairly often may contain fixes to flawed code in the previous one (i.e. say an F8 comes out on 6/26, but part of it is flawed, they may release a F9 a week or so later.

Tman

Comment

Hi, i updated bios to f5 but still unstable whit timings in auto mode even whit 5-5-5-15 2.1 command rate 2.(in auto mode on 800 works fine)
                      later i gonna try other timings .

Comment

Have you tried testing each stick individually with memtest, may have a bad stick. If both test good you might kick up the NB a tick or two, if that doesn't help try loosening the timings to 6-6-6-18, then if stable, try tightening the timings one at a time i.e. 5-6-6-18, then 5-6-6-17, etc

Tman

Comment

Hmm, what trademan is suggesting is good testing, however, the some are not so important to be rised.

problem here is not the general timing 5-5-5-15-2T, but subtimings. specifically could be tWR should be 13t minimum. Also the raise of tRFC to 65 wouldn't hurt (if there is this value). The tRC is 57.50ns minimum. Meaning, if we calculate that to 1066Mhz that would be 57.50ns / 1.66ns = ~34.64t(dual sided) meaning it might need 35t to be good on these speeds. However, tRC might actually boot even better on ~24-27t still hold it with 2 sticks.

Although, if we calculate corrrect tRP and tRCD values indeed 5 wouldn't do it would have to be 5-6-6-17 to be stable. Here's where good memory comes in. It's actually 5.4Ticks the tRP & tRCD. So it might cut it on 5-5-5 or not in case of 'not' you should look something like 5-6-5-15 to be fully stable.
                          Last edited by genetix; 07-07-2009, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Do you have issues at 800? You may want to try testing each stick individually to make sure you don't have a defective stick. Try increasing Northbridge voltage to ~1.4V. If you can post screen shots of our BIOS, that would be great as well since I'm not sure what options this board has.

Thank you
                            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

GSkill,
                              In your above post you ask if there are issues at 800 - asked and answered

"Hi, i updated bios to f5 but still unstable whit timings in auto mode even whit 5-5-5-15 2.1 command rate 2.(in auto mode on 800 works fine)"

Once again what does it matter if it's fine at 800? This is advertised as 1066, so one would assume it is in fact 1066, not OCed 800 and..... hopefully meets JEDEC Standards (JESD208, November 2007)....Yes..No?

You ask if each stick has been tested individually - already asked

"Have you tried testing each stick individually with memtest, may have a bad stick."

You suggest raising the NB - already suggested

" If both test good you might kick up the NB a tick or two, if that doesn't help try loosening the timings to 6-6-6-18, then if stable, try tightening the timings one at a time i.e. 5-6-6-18, then 5-6-6-17, etc"

It helps to read the thread before jumping in and just duplicating what has been said/suggested - especially one like this that has been running for almost 2 weeks and GSkill is just now jumping in

Again, I don't consider this bashing, as Joe Friday used to say 'Just the Facts.....'

Tman
                              Last edited by Tradesman; 07-07-2009, 08:35 PM.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X