• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which memory for:ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO LGA 1150

im kinda torn between these 2 sticks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231589

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231673

will the board auto detect the correct speeds or will i have to adjust manually. just want to make sure the sticks are compatible and work with the board.anyone have an opinion on which series i should buy,going to buy the i7 4770k this week too. all suggestions are welcomed.

Both kits will work in your board so i guess it depends on your budget, the tridents have lower timings but are more expensive. No memory will work at 2400 by dropping in board, it will all default to a lower value. However all you SHOULD have to do is go into the bios and enable a setting called XMP and it should do the rest for you. If you have to actually manually enter thing (xmp isnt stable) we'll be here to help
    Last edited by supahos; 10-15-2013, 05:22 AM.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

cool, just wanted to make sure on the kits. do most intel boards have XMP? only asking because some boards in their description mention it.

Comment

Can't speak to all of them but that one does . its not 100% with any given setup it will work by just popping in XMP, but it should be anything overly difficult to get running as it should. Anything over 1600mhz at 11-11-11-33 timings is considered an OC from intel's perspective, but you should have no trouble getting your system up and running with the gear you bought.
        ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

thanks again,been a loyal g.skill customer for over 8 years now!
          Last edited by brownhornet; 10-15-2013, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Trident X is best, it will match very well with that motherboard and CPU in every way. Enable XMP Profile in BIOS/EFI, then the performance will be outstanding.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
              Trident X is best, it will match very well with that motherboard and CPU in every way. Enable XMP Profile in BIOS/EFI, then the performance will be outstanding.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

yup thats what im buying today!

Comment

so i got the trident x memory just a bit a go and was shocked when i pulled out the first stick,thanks to these damn blister packs one of the heat spreaders remained in the pack. never had this happen before and thats what makes me sad. do i have to worry now about the stick working or not? i shouldnt have to put the spreader back on but i guess im forced to. better packing would have been nice, not having to use brute strength to pull sticks out would be nice. hope it works and that no chips were loosened in the removal

Comment

I always bend the package and they pop out, hopefully they still work, they cant be loose or they would fall apart during shipping...

Comment

Working...
                  X