Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL not working with asus P8p67 deluxe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL not working with asus P8p67 deluxe?

Hello,

I bought 4 sticks of F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL and none of it worked with my asus P8p67 deluxe. This is a new build and includes:

intel i7 2600k
    asus p8p67 deluxe
    corsair ax750
    asus gtx560 TI DirectCUII
    coolermast HAF 922
    16GB F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
    2x 640 Western Digital 64MB cache SATA6 HDD

One set of this RAM would not even let me boot into windows. So i RMA'd that set. The other set i could get into windows but, windows would constantly freeze. So I tested different RAM and torcher tested my computer over night and it was stable. I can't get 5 minutes into a torcher test with this G.SKILL ram.

any ideas why i have had such bad luck with this RAM?

Thanks,

JLAM

Getting two separate sets to work together can be problematic, which is why best to get a set that fulfills expected needs i.e. a single 16GB set. Might want to ensure latest BIOS is loaded and then test each stick individually, may have a bad stick or two. If all well there, if you could post BIOS settings would help. For 16GB will prob have to adjust voltages i.e. the QPI/VTT etc

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Try one stick at a time or a kit at a time to see what the issue is. As Tradesman stated, it can just be an issue with two kits working together. If so, you need to send both in and try two new ones, or purchase a 16GB guaranteed kit.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

it was a set "dual"... i bought 2 dual sets of ram for a total of 16GB. i bought different ram and it works perfect. I tested each stick and moved the slots they were in. The first dual set would not let me into the memtest program with out freezing. So RMA'd that set right away. The next set i was able to load into windows but after 10 - 20 mins it would freeze. and freeze when i did memtest on them as well.

Comment

Might want to reseat the sticks and make sure the connectors are clean, also try the 'good' set in the same slots you have the problem pair in right now to see if it might be a slot on the mobo

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X