Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to configure my 1600MHz Ripjaws X sticks so they run at stock speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to configure my 1600MHz Ripjaws X sticks so they run at stock speed?

Hi,

I'm having some troubles with my ram sticks composed of 2 kits of G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL , 2 x 4 GB - DIMM 240-pin - DDR3 - 1600 MHz / PC3-12800 - CL9 - 9-9-9-24 - 1.5 V - unbuffered - non-ECC. http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=355 So all my 4 RAM slots are used for a total of 16GB of RAM.

I can't make them run at stock speed correctly.

When I first booted my computer, my RAM was detected at 1333MHz. So I loaded the XMP Profile in the BIOS. It switched my RAM frequency to 1600MHz and entered automatically the right timings. But when I rebooted the computer, it wouldn't boot at all. The MemOK red led was switched on, so something was wrong with the RAM settings. I had to push the Mem OK switch to run the Mobo RAM tests. The computer rebooted and I could finally access the BIOS. But the settings were changed and everything in the XMP profile was set to Auto instead of specific values like DDR3-1600MHz, or timings.

For some reason my RAM was running at 1600MHz with the frequency setting set to AUTO (wouldn't boot otherwise, Mem OK red led and so on) but it suddenly switched to 1333MHz, 2 days ago. I reloaded the XMP profile in the bIOS but couldn't the same problems as described before occured:
    - the computer won't boot
    - the Mem OK red led is switched on
    - have to manually push the Mem OK Switch so the mobo sets the RAM with values to its liking
    - the mobo switching most of the settings to AUTO

In CPUz I can see the RAM is running at 1600MHz but I'm 100% positive it'll switch again to 1333MHz one day or the other.

We can see the RAM is listed as 10700 (667MHz) ???!!

So how do I do to have my RAM sticks permanently run at 1600MHz ?

Setup:
    Intel 2600K
    Asus P8P67
    SSD OCZ Vertex Turbo
    Seasonic 650W 80+ Bronze
    Win7 64
    Last edited by PODxt; 04-14-2011, 01:29 PM.

Keep XMP enabled, it will always be DDR3-1600.

"Max Bandwidth" is something else, don't worry about that. It does not change, it will be 667MHz no matter what memory you have installed. That is the JEDEC standard.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

That's the thing, I can't keep the RAM to 1600MHz or it won't boot at all. The mobo always resets the XMP settings to AUTO.

Comment

May need to raise QPI/VTT voltage a tad, what is it at now w/ the 16GB?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Reset the BIOS with the CLRTC button or pins, then try one kit at a time with XMP enabled. Both should pass without a problem, then try them together.

Also, check to see if you have the latest BIOS.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X