• Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL unstable on Asus P8P67

Hi GS
    i am running win7 64bit on

Asus P8P67 latest Bios
    I5-2500K
    and my ram is RipJawX F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 2x4G

i've been encountering random win7 freeze or shutdowns within 10-20 mins after boot up no matter i set bios to default or try to overclock.

and in the latest cpu-z it cannot identify the ram's serial or dual channel

so thus i tried to memtest86+ it, and it freezes every time i get into the interface

been trying for 20hour+

please advise and thank you for your attention

Best
    Wen

Have you tried each stick individually to see if you gave a bad one, also check your version of memtest, make sure you have newest

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

hey Tman

First of all, thank you for your reply

I tested the sticks individually and also tried using memtest 3.5a in addition to

the memtest+ 4.1 that i tried and froze.

and also a side note, although I can get into windows for around 15min if i set it at

1333mhz, once i set beyond this number the computer wont even boot and the asus

built in Mem LED red light will be on.

Thank you

Wen

Comment

Haven't had a chance to play w/ your mobo or SB much yet, so not really sure, have you reseated your sticks.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yea i did try reseating in every dimm slot for both sticks one at a time,
          cleared CLR by the jumper and plus removing the battery and put it back in
          rest computer
          and it is still the same.

Comment

GSkill, won't be in till Monday, but if you could post your BIOS settings, somebody might happen by and see something wrong

Tman

Comment

bios all at default :\

Comment

Have you tried the CLEAR RTC RAM jumpers? Seems like tons of people are having similar problems, see:

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...age=1&count=67

Tman

Comment

did that as well , remove and not remove the on board battery

Comment

Same Problem here with G.Skill F3-12800CL7D-8GBRH and Asus P8P67 Deluxe Bios 1053.

Only stable with settings set manual to cl9 and 2T Command Rate. Modules are from October 2010.

Comment

Hopefully GSkill will have something Monday, been seeing problems w/ the mobo all over the net since it came out

Tman

Comment

praying for a solution ~

Comment

Just try disable Intel Speedstep and all the other energy saving stuff

Comment

Have no idea if this would do anything, but some of ASUS previous mobos with USB 3 had problems with it that adversely affected DRAM, might be worth a try, to disable the USB 3 in the BIOS, they may be running the same set up for USB 3 as they did before.

Tman

Comment

Try the XMP Profile, or make sure memory frequency, timings, and voltage are configured correctly in BIOS/UEFI.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X