Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Asus M4A89GTD-Pro-USB3 run with 16GB (2 x F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Asus M4A89GTD-Pro-USB3 run with 16GB (2 x F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL)

Dear G.Skill support,
    I am currently using 2 x 4G DDR3 [ Ripjaws-X] F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL on Asus motherboard M4A89GTD-Pro-USB3 without problem. I understand that G.Skill will only guarantee the speed (9-9-9-24 at 1600Mhz) with 2 DIMMS. I do not mind if using 4 x 4GB DDR3 could only reach say 1333Mhz (4 DIMMS / 4 x 4GB). I do not see this info is the Gskill webpage. I am really keen to upgrade my memory to 16GB and wish someone from G.Skill/ trusted source could test this and let me know before I purchased another 2 x 4G [ Ripjaws-X] F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL. Please assist. Thank you. Robin

You can probably get them to go at 1333 and a good possibility of going at 1600, then again they could be incompatible....problem here is that even if GSkill tests two sets together the results won't mean that your set and another will do the same as the sets they were to test. Gskill will have to confirm this, but believe if you do buy another set and have insurmountable problems they may RMA and send a set of 16GB that is tested to all work together.

Hopefully they will be in Fri and can confirm or offer other insight

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thank you Tradesman, is there a way to minimize the fail test possibility such as to ensure the codes/first 5 digits of serial numbers for all four memory cards are same?

Comment

Here I'm guessing, but w/ normal manufacturing, hopefully that would put them from the same manufactured lot.....in other words, or shorter words ...Yes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Would any GSKILL TECH be able to advise me?

I wonder if Gskill Tech can advise me further on my query.

Comment

Should be in sometime today, they also do all the phone and email support so are kept rather busy

Tman

Comment

Should be no problem as long as your CPU can support it.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Would my processor AMD Phenom II X6 1090T(3.2GHz)AM3 9MBCache125W support 16GB (4 x 4GB) with the 2 x F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL? I could not find this info from amd.com. Only the supported motherboard list can be found. Please advise.
                Thanks

Comment

No problem!

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

MSI 890FXA-GD70 16gb

AMD x6 1100T works well with one pair of F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL and another pair of F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH. Mixing can work...

Comment

Not all the time, it depends on the memory kits.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Well, no such luck here. I bought the mobo in question, along with two 8GB f3-12800CL9D-8GBRL. Not sure how those compare to the 8GBXL sets. My issues include random crashes, usually without a blue screen (simply a frozen desktop requiring a hard reboot). Usually when the system isn't under load. Specs:
                        Processor ? AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
                        MB ? Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
                        RAM ? 4x4GB (16GB) Gskill RipJaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
                        PSU ? Antec 850W
                        Video Card ? ATI Radeon HD 5970
                        HD ? Intel SSD + 4x 7200.11 RAID10 on HPT4320
                        Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Diagnostic steps including but not limited to:

Dropping speed to 1333MHz
                        Running 2x4 and 1x4 DIMM combos (running a single stick right now, and still crashing)
                        Upping voltage to 1.55 / 1.6v
                        Locking timings @ 9-9-9-24 (vs auto in bios)
                        Upping timings to 9-9-9-27 (and 33 RC)
                        Bumping to 2T (board defaulting ram @ 1T)
                        Removing HPT4320 RAID controller.
                        Disabling sound, USB3, firewall

Nothing works, and I am at my wits end. I can run memtest on these off the floppy or within windows without any errors exhibiting. Other times, the system will lock up at the Windows log on screen. Initially, the freezing seemed to occur more often when copy large amounts of data.

Tomorrow I'm going to borrow a 4GB set (2x2) of G.Skill DDR3-1600 that I ran in my previous i7 config. That system was 100% stable, with all components the same except mobo/ram/proc.

So apparently this is a YMMV question. Unfortunately, I'm riding the short end of the stick for now at least.

Comment

You need to troubleshoot to see if it is a defective module, incompatibility between the two kits, or what. So test one at time, if that clears, test kits at a time to see if they all work OK as they should. If they do not and just not together, it may just be incompatible kits. You can then send them in for RMA and request testing. This will insure that all modules can work together.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Well, my doubt here...

I am intended to use 16GB kit with my Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 + x6 1055T @ 3.0GHz. From newegg has many kits, but I don't know the better.

Could list me kits of 16GB 1600MHz are best compatible with this motherboard?

Thanks in advance, and best regards!

PS: sorry my poor, very poor english..

Comment

so bad,

Check your other post, the DRAM is discussed there and suggestions offered

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X