MSI 770-G45 + F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Instability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI 770-G45 + F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Instability

I have been having a bugger of a time getting this RAM stable on this board. Just tried updating BIOS to A.6. Still no go for 1600 Ram.
    The really strange part is I had this system running stable in everything except prime 95 up until not long after I installed my new graphics card. Now XFX radeon 5750 1GB was Gigabyte radeon 4850 512mb.
    I was running World of Warcraft fine all night last night for almost 6 hours (on the new videocard) and today I went to boot the machine and it wouldnt run any 3dmark or #D game without bluescreening and rebooting.
    I was running my Phenom II x4 905e (stock 2.5ghz) at 3.75ghz 1.4v, 300fsb 1.35v CPU-NB, ddr1600 with no major issues just not prime 95 stable.
    Now it wont run 2 seconds of prime 95 at stock speeds (2.5ghz, 200fsb, ddr1600) and +.1v on the CPU-NB to account for the 1600mhz ram.
    All other voltages ect are untouched.

CPU-Z Reads the Ram I believe at 9-9-9-24-35-2T however my bios has over 15 different settings to modify for ram timings. I am not new to overclocking and RAM issues however the timings this board offers in the bios are insane.

I would love if someone could help me get back up to the speeds I know this system is more than capable of. Please help me out!

Prob need the OC to run @ 1600, then for Prime to add to NB .05 to .1

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sub timings shouldn't make a difference if it was working before. Try testing one at a time to see if one is defective causing the problem.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

So i got the ram running more stable. Still wont pass prime testing but it lasted a few hours. I manually set all the timings
        TCL=9
        TRCD=9
        TRP=9
        TRAS=24
        TRFC=88
        TWR=12
        TWTR=6
        TRRD=5
        TRTP=6
        I had to increase the voltage on the CPU-NB to 1.37v and Vdimm to 1.65v.
        Still had one core fail prime testing about 2 hours in.

Anyone with other ideas? I wish I had another set of this ram or just ddr3 in general to test with.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Might lower tRFC to 84, what's your CPU voltage, may need a slight bit more

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X