Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus M4A785TD-M EVO (ram selection)

mobo: M4A785TD-M EVO
    AMD Athlon II X3 445 unlocked as Phenom II X4 B45 (stepping C3)

Please help me with choosing the correct ram for this mobo.

What I'd like is to do is either:

A.) use a single 4GB F3-8500CL7S-4GBRL and then maybe in 6 months I'll get another, eventually with 4 sticks for a total of 16gb.
    or
    B.) use 2 x 2GB sticks now and then in 6 months add 2 x 4GB for a total of 12GB.

So first, is the F3-8500CL7S-4GBRL stick compatible with my mobo? If so, is it expected that I can buy a second chip later and that they would work together as a pair?

Also, what are the best timings for the memory for me to use?
    I'm not planning on overclocking the ram or the cpu for that matter. This machine will be hopefully running VMware ESXi and a handful of virtual machines.
    Last edited by queeg; 10-11-2010, 10:52 AM.

What if you try this kit?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231311

Phenom II support natively up to DDR3-1333 so using 1333 RAM might be beneficial. And the kit is plug and play so you don't need to worry about timings at all.

Comment

Originally posted by mrcmtl View Post
      What if you try this kit?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231311

Phenom II support natively up to DDR3-1333 so using 1333 RAM might be beneficial. And the kit is plug and play so you don't need to worry about timings at all.
      Thanks for the info, that helps me.
      More questions:

Is it possible to get F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL now and then later add F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL for a total of 12GB?

Are F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ and F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL the same except for the jaws part of the heatsink?
      Last edited by queeg; 10-11-2010, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by queeg View Post
        Thanks for the info, that helps me.
        More questions:

Is it possible to get F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL now and then later add F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL for a total of 12GB?
        Yes, but 100% compatibility isn't guaranteed, more like 99%.

Originally posted by queeg View Post
        Are F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ and F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL the same except for the jaws part of the heatsink?
        Seems that way on paper, you'll have to wait for GSKILL TECH for confirmation.

Comment

I looked at the F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL kit and it doesn't list my mobo in it's compatibility list.

G.Skill support: Are there any 2 x 4GB kit for my mobo?

Comment

8GB kits were released later, so they aren't on any QVL.

Comment

Saying that Asus didn't test the 8GB kits because they came out later is expected.
              But I'm here on G.Skill forum asking if G.Skill tested their own 8GB kits on the Asus M4A785TD-M EVO motherboard? And if any of the 8GB G.Skill kits WORK on that motherboard.

Comment

Yes, they sure do. Only with the latest BIOS, we worked very hard with ASUS to make this happen.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                  Yes, they sure do. Only with the latest BIOS, we worked very hard with ASUS to make this happen.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH
                  Very good to know. Now, which ones are known to work with my motherboard please?

Comment

The RipJaws F3-8500CL7S-4GBRL is compatible, or you can also get the F3-10666CL9S-4GBRL.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Is the F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL compatible?

Is the F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL compatible with M4A785TD-M EVO ?

Thanks.

Comment

Sure is!

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                        X