F2-6400cl4d-4gbpi-b|msi p35 platinum| no post no boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400cl4d-4gbpi-b|msi p35 platinum| no post no boot

I have a Intel Core 2 Duo 8400 in a MSI P35 Platinum.
    BIOS Ver. 1.8
    NO OC.
    So far I have been using 2 2GB of OCZ DDR2 Premium (2 modules) whithout problems.
    Now I want to use this new kit, F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B, but I can't make it work.

The system won't post, not even using only one of the nodules of the kit.

I already tried:

Using different modules.
    Using different slots.
    Changing Bios to default memory setting.
    Changing Bios to the setting for this memory (4-4-4-12 with 1.9 v)

Only once, after a couple of reset, I made it to the Bios with one of the new Modules instaled, but after changing ONLY the boot sequence, again NO POST.

If I rollback to my "old" memories, everything works fine.

Do I have to configure more setting in the CELL section of the BIOS?

Are this components compatible with each other?

This is the first time in my life a have this kind of problems.

HELP!

What is the model number of your OCZ modules? They must be able to operate with same specifications. Sounds like you are just trying to operate G.Skill memory with OCZ settings, which is probably causing the problems.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

First, Thank you for the fast reply.

These are the OCZ modules ocz2p800r21g http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...2_dual_channel

But I'm not using the same settings, before I put the new modules I change the Bios to default.

Should I change the setting to 4-4-4-12 1.9v with the ocz instaled, and then change the modules?

Comment

Load BIOS defaults, then set DRAM Frequency DDR2-800, DRAM Timings tCL 4 - tRCD 4 - tRP 4 - tRAS 12 - Command Rate 2, DRAM Voltage 1.90V.

If you continue to have issues with these settings, try testing each one individually to determine whether one may be defective.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X