Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI -- Need Help

Description of Problems:

Note: I own a different kit of F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ that works with flying colors even at 8-8-8-24 2T at very minimal voltage increase on my both of these systems listed below. So the problem has to be with the RAM. I tried the F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI in two different systems.

System 1) Sometimes BSOD on Windows 7 load. Random anomalies happen (icons disappear, system files get corrupted) while working in Windows. This is on an MSI X58 Pro-E with i7 920 stock everything, latest BIOS. Correct timings using XMP1 even tried manual 9-9-9-24 2T timings on various voltages from 1.5v-1.65v. Passes overnight Memtest86+. Prime95 stable.

System 2) Sometimes BSOD on Windows 7 load. Computer properties shows 6.00 GB installed but 5.25 GB available for use (sometimes even shows 4.00 GB available only). Gigabyte X58-UD3R with latest BIOS; i7 920 @ 4.0GHz. Same as above. This system seems to tolerate the RAM better. Sometimes corrupts data when transferring to USB drive. Occasionally will not let me S3 sleep even with higher RAM and QPI voltage.

I tested each stick individually in different slots and they all load into Windows showing the full 2 GB. Again, I had no problems at all with my other kit of G.Skill RAM. I do not have time to try and figure out the problem because this has already caused me enough headache.

Watts of Power Supply: 750 watts Operating System: Windows 7

Have you tested each stick w/ memtest to see if one is bad? I see you tested each to see if windows would load, but may have a stick that fails under load

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hey thanks for your reply! Yes I have tested each stick individually as well as all together in different slots. Spent a lot of time doing this but sadly memtest passes every time. BTW I forgot to mention that I run them at 800 MHz (what they're rated for). How is it that memtest is able to go through all 6 GB of memory but Windows is only able to use 4.0 or 5.25 GB? Any ideas?
      Last edited by eyan; 04-10-2010, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Could you post the BIOS settings, in your last post you say 800MHz??yet these are rated for 1600MHz. Almost sounds though like a corrupt Win7 setup, possibly needed a fresh installation.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ah yes, technically 800 MHz/1600 MT, which a lot of people refer to as 1600 MHz. I am going off CPU-Z which reports the DRAM frequency according to JEDEC guidelines.

Funny turn of events, I decided to downgrade my BIOS all the way to "FB" (latest version is "FI"). My EX58-UD3R now runs perfectly with this set of RAM for some reason. All 6 GB is recognized using XMP1 settings 7-8-7-24-34 2T 1.5V. Completely Prime95 stable and I am retaining my 4 GHz overclock.

Sometimes you just have to try something outside of the box to get things to work I suppose. I'll leave the other kit of G.Skill in the MSI since it really doesn't seem to want to work with the PI series kit.

Thanks for reading!

Comment

Working...
          X