Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help for GA-P35C-DS3R and DDR3

Hello,

I've just bought a 2x2Gb GSkill DDR3 memory kit: F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK to upgrade from 2x1Gb DDR2.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R v1.x (latest BIOS F12) which can use DDR2 OR DDR3.
    Memory timings (Auto): 8-8-8-21 (in BIOS and in CPU-Z)
    CPU: Core2Duo E6750 2.666 Ghz (8x333Mhz)

The system can't boot in Windows 7 with the 2 sticks installed, all memory parameters set to Auto: it causes a BSOD a few seconds after the login screen appears.

I've tried a lot of different memory timings since 5 days, but only one of the 2 sticks (installed alone) is able to boot in Windows and looks to work fine, even after several hours with 8-8-8-21 timings.
    When the other one is installed (alone), it makes some applications crash in Windows, then always ends up causing a BSOD a few minutes after.

Then I discovered this forum, so I'm asking: what are the recommended parameters in BIOS setup for my memory/motherboard combination ?
    I don't want to overclock anything in any manner, I just want to make this machine work fine again.

Right now, I'm using only the "good" stick, the "bad" one just sits there, waiting for your questions and recommendations...

Thanks a lot !

Sounds like you have a defective module. Simply send it in for a new replacement and the new one should work just fine.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

That's what I was fearing...

The problem is that I already had a defective module and a good working module last week, this is already a replacement kit... and again one good module and a defective one.
      The defective module was even worse than this one.

I made the entire kit replaced, I understand now I should have kept the good module, but I don't know if this was possible.

But what does it mean in the end, one GSkill module out of two is generally defective ? That's not a very good success rate.

I don't want to spend much more time going at the store playing dice...

Comment

That is very odd. When you return it this time, please note to the RMA department that you would like to have it tested before shipment. Also, if you include a copy of your shipping receipt for USPS with Delivery Confirmation, we will reimburse you for that amount.

Sorry for the inconvenience
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
        X