F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ motherboard settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ motherboard settings

Hi! I have installed F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ (4GB, 2 sticks) into a GA-EP45-DS3R motherboard.

With both sticks installed, I have problems with suspend/hibernate and suffer bugchecks of type "memory_corruption" under Windows XP.

I have tried upping the DRAM voltage to 2.1V but I'm not sure what else I might need to change.

What are the recommended motherboard settings for my configuration?

Thanks so much!
    Dave
    Last edited by dcitron; 12-15-2008, 05:19 PM.

Long time with no replies! Any help would be appreciated. The specific S3/S4 problem that I'm having is that the computer re-wakes itself immediately after entering standby/hibernate.

The F2-8500CL6D-4GBNQ seems to be very rarely mentioned. Should I have gotten a different memory module instead for this motherboard?

Comment

we tested this memory on EP45-DS3 but no issue is found
      please see the screenshot below

we just set it with 6-6-6-18 DDR2 1066@2.0v
      if there is still problem, please RMA with us
      thanks

G.S

Comment

That's interesting. I finally got stability after making the following additional changes:
        - Performance Enhance: Standard
        - XMP: Disabled
        - MCH Core: 1.22V

These were not required for you?

My computer no longer bugchecks, but it still does not stay in S3/S4 -- it re-wakes immediately upon entering those states. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Comment

we are setting with

Performance Enhance: Turbo
          XMP: Disabled
          MCH Core: auto

and for the sleep mode, sorry, but we can't find the connection to fix it
          thanks

G.S

Comment

Ok, that's interesting. Well, either the "Performance Enhance" or the "MCH Core" variance was causing Windows to frequently (not every time) BSOD with a "memory_corruption" bugcheck on startup even though the memory passed memtest with no errors. I was getting the blue screens even without trying to standby/hibernate.

Now I'll have to experiment with those settings to see which one caused/fixed the problem for me.

Unfortunately it looks like I'm going to have to live without Standby/Hibernate on this computer :-(

Comment

for the sleep mode problem, would you like to ask Gigabyte or Microsoft to see if there are some solutions?
              thanks

G.S

Comment

I've had a long dialog with Gigabyte about the issue wherein they keep pointing back to memory. Apparently my issue is not common.

In the test setup you show above (screenshots), did S3 and S4 -- standby and hibernate -- both work for you with no issues?

Thanks!
                Dave

Comment

yes
                  both work fine without problem

G.S

Comment

Working...
                  X