Ganged causes instability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ganged causes instability

Ths issue I have my system fails memtest and crashes when I have my memory in Ganged mode. I have it running at 1066Mhz unganged for now till I can find a fix. I ran memtest for 8 hours last night and it passed with flying colors unganged. I have both sticks in the same orange slots so that wouldn't be the issue.

Ram F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI

Settings
    CL 5
    tRCD 5
    tRP 5
    tRAS 15
    tRC 24
    CR 2T

What motherboard and CPU do you have? Not all are able to operate in ganged mode.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Does one have an advantage over the other?I'm running mine on unganged mode if i try ganged mode will i see a difference?

Comment

No, ganged simply operates both channels (64bit) as one single channel (128bit). For normal usage, 64 bit is actually better since each thread can have it's own channel, otherwise all threads share one channel. Maybe in the future when everything is 128bit, it will be more beneficial to other hardware as well making it more desirable.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I am using a DFI 790FX-B M2RSH and Phenom II 940, before I got this I was using 2 x 1 Gb sticks in ganged mode with the same settings. Does tRC have to do with anything? This ram set says 5-5-5-15-48 but the highest I can raise my tRC is 41.
          Last edited by WannaBeOCer; 02-25-2010, 05:38 PM.

Comment

No, tRC at 41 would be sufficient.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
            X