F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL and Asus M4A79XTD EVO settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL and Asus M4A79XTD EVO settings

The auto setting don't work thats for sure. if i set the ram to 1600 and close bios the timings jump to 11 11 11 29 or something. BSOD city on me too. so i set everything to default, which made ram 1333 and the timings then matched the box timings listed on the package. 9 9 9 24 but then it works for a few days BSOD agian. I recieved a reply from Gskill on newegg review about what timings to set. but they told me to set 9 9 9 27. command 2t. @1600 mhz. I set it to 9 9 9 24 2t @1600 MHz before i got that reply but it seems to be stable now. should i leave it alone or change it to the 27 timing instead of the 24?

Memtest86+ reported zero errors in a solid block of 8 hours testing loop with the 24 timing.

The reason i ask is, CPU-Z showed the XMP-1600 to be
    800 MHZ
    CAS 9
    tRCD 9
    tRP 9
    tRAS 25
    tRC 40
    CR 2t

Now even that is different from whats on the package, LOL so i have 3 different timings. I set it to the ones listed on the XMP-1600 profile listed on CPU-Z,
    the system lasted one day then start giving me errors, and BSOD.

I learned a great deal from reading these forums, so i was hoping you could post a sticky thread attached above that had this Mobo and Ram part number with the suggested timings. Because this is acombo newegg offers so i am sure others are having issues as well. In fact i read on Asus forums that some guy described the same things mine was doing, ( or may still have in store if i am not out of the red zone yet) and he had the same combo package from newegg. But he was blaming sound drivers, I know it not that its the ram our problems are too similar, so if you could post a thread it would very insightful.

But i also wanted to add, I know its not the RAM its the setting or something. I have built about 10 PCs this year alone and everyone of them has Gskill ram, you guys make solid products IMO.

Comment

What CPU are you running? May have to increase CPU/MC voltage...do you have the latest BIOS?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black edition. And the Bios is version 0605. there is a newer bios on the ASUS website but its notes says it fixed some issue with RAID harddrives, but i didn't bother flashing it since i run only one HD anyways.
        The system seems to be stable at the current settings.
        1600 MHz
        9-9-9-24-2T

so i have left it alone. Although i have some tiny issues now, like windows explorer will stop when i open Control Panel, and restart, sometimes two or three times in row before it lets me get further into the control panel. But then so do the other 2 PCs i installed Win 7 on. all of which were prior XP OS machines.

Comment

Well i spoke too soon, i started getting random file corruption errors today, so i decdided
          to run memtest86+ to see if it was ram related.

Test 5 hit about 3 errors, but test 6 was around 300+ and climbing so i went to bios to and set timings
          9-9-9-27-2t @1600 MHz rest auto,
          that went worse 70+ errors on test 5 and almost 1000 on just the first half of test 6.

Is my ram bad?

Comment

Just thought I'd add from my post on newegg,...... this is a cut and paste directly from there.

1/13/2010 7:48:00 AM sure its good but i am having issues

Pros: Worked for first week. Nice Price it came with a combo deal.
            Ram 4 gig
            M4A79XTD EVO mobo
            AMD Phenom II x4 955BE

Cons: Had all kinds of lockups and BSOD massive file corruptiions. I learned more in the past month of pc building than ever from this rig. Narrowed it down to the ram. Memtest86+ reported all kinds of errors like 100,000+ errors in 45 minutes. After doing some research on the web and checking my bios the settings for DRAM where way off when set to 1600 rest auto it was at 11 -11- 11- 29 command 1T. LOL no wonder i had issues. the box it shipped with says 9-9-9-24 so i set it to that at 1600. worked fine for a day or two. BSOD. still command 1T though will try setting that to 2T.
            all in all i have great luck from newegg and GSkill for that matter but this one is bugging me and I am past my RMA

Other Thoughts: Hoping to see a response from GSkill as to what i should i do. I registered on their forums but am unable to post anything as of yet.
            Manufacturer Response:.
            Dear Customer

We are sorry to hear you had some trouble getting your G.Skill memory to run smoothly. When installing memory, please make sure to always check/configure memory settings in BIOS. If they are not properly set, the memory may seem as if it is defective. For this particular memory package, please make sure memory frequency is set to DDR3-1600. Memory timings tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 27, Command Rate 2. Memory Voltage should be set to 1.50V. Once that is complete everything should run fine. If you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Quality and customer service are our top priorities.

Tech Support Email: ustech@gskillusa.com
            RMA Dept Email: rma@gskillusa.com
            G.Skill Forum: http://www.gskill.us/forum/

Comment

I updated my Bios to the new 0704 from Asus' website, then tried to set the ram to
              1600 Mhz 9-9-9-24-2t rest auto- volt 1.5 ------ Memtest86+ failed with like 500+ errors

next i tried --

1600MHz 9-9-9-27-2t rest auto- volt 1.5 ------ Memtest86+ failed with like 1000+ errors

Then i tried--

1333MHz (manual entry of 1333 not auto)
              tCL-9
              tRCD -9
              tRP -9
              tRAS -24
              CR -2t
              rest auto
              voltage at 1.5

it passed the 4 hours of testing ok.

14 hours of being turned off, i turned it on this morning to recieve a message before bios posting that the system overclocking failed. What overclocking, this is the only thing i adjusted in bios. I went in the bios and checked everything to see if it was changed, all appeared ok so i just exited and restarted.

Ran Memtest86+ with no changes on bios at all, failed about 300 errors on test 6.

Went back to bios this time just set everything to auto, voltage MHz, timings, everything. System rebooted and ran memtest for 2 passes about 1 hour worth of testing all passed. it defaulted the ram to the same settings i had before save one, the command rate is 1t now according to cpu-z. I am at a loss as to what to do. If i can run the ram stable at 1333 that will work for me, i just am, tired of the constant problems.

This is my first ddr3 ram build also, so far ddr2 is looking good to me lol. Anything you can post as to what i should do would be helpful, I am at the point of just going to the store locally and buying different ram. Then trying to RMA these i guess i don;t know

Comment

Working...
              X