4GB G.Skill RipJaws 1600MHz DDR3 Dual Channel Memory Kit
    550W OCZ Fatal1ty Modular Power Supply
    Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L motherboard
    1TB Samsung SpinPoint F3 HD
    Intel Core i5 750, S 1156, Lynnfield, Quad Core
    Xigmatek Midgard case
    Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Quiet Intel CPU Cooler
    Windows 7

My problem is cold booting, with both sticks of ram I get a BSOD, if I remove a stick it will boot and I can run it for a while,shut down, replace the other ram stick, restart and it will run fine for the rest of the day restarting if and when needed.
    I have run memtest on the individual sticks and both sticks, no errors fine. Timings and voltage are fine.
    I installed blue screen viewer and although the error codes are varied the driver ntkrnlpa.exe has figured in 10 of the last 16 BSOD'S.
    I am at a loss as to where to look next for a solution, so am hoping for suggestions.
    Thanks.

Please make sure the memory is firmly installed and the memory settings are set correctly. If you continue to have issues, simply send them in for new replacements and hoopefully the new set will be better.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Same behaviour with a new AMD I've build for a friend but using F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ.

Spent several weeks thinking it was driver issues under Windows 7 x64 Pro or flimsy power supply. Finally, I swapped my friend RAM with my own, which are better performing and his system seem to be stable now.
      I have tested his RAM on my i7 920 system and even though Memtest V4.00 does NOT detect any errors. On the other hand while running Windows 7 x64 Pro I get crashes or lockups. Running OCCT one stick at a time as revealed one of the stick to constantly generates errors within the first 2 minutes of the test. I have done tests back and forth between the 2 sticks so to exclude any bad seating relationship. Always the same stick was failing while the other one seems OK. Overnight I have run the test of the so called good stick, but as soon as I turned the system, windows crashed right away.
      I suspect those sticks are too sensitive to temperature variation that would take them out of specs at low room temperature.

Comment

So someone from Gskill finally answered.
        The ram is and always has been properly seated and this problem has gone on far to long. So the ram will be returned and I will purchase Kingston or Crucial instead.
        Thanks for your input apollo.

Comment

if there is really one defective, please visit our webpage for RMA service:
          http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

thanks

G.S

Comment

Do you have the RAM in slots 2-4, most mobo call for 2 sticks to be in 1-3, your mobo is one of the exceptions. Also, if you are running them in 2-4, might try in 1-3, GB has had a few of their mobo models come out with the slots criss-crossed. Did you try raising the vCore or CPU/MC voltage?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

RMA Memory

You should RMA your memory. I have almost the same setup as you (with the exact same memory). Mine did the same thing, but I just got my RMA memory back, and they work perfectly. I assume that DDR3 memory seems to have a very high fault rate by the looks of things. I recommend that you try RMA before you purchase something else.

Comment

seems like this is a very common issue...i have had the same problem before http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=3027

I have the RAM sent for RMA

Comment

Working...
                X