BSOD problem on GA-MA 770t-UD3P & F3-10666CL8D RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD problem on GA-MA 770t-UD3P & F3-10666CL8D RAM

So lately I have an extremely strange issue with my computer.

My Configs: AMD Phenom II x3 720 @ 2.8GHz, 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 RAM (F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK), Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P (Rev 1.0) Motherboard, Nvidia 9800GT 512mb graphics card and windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, Rosewill 585W power supply, CoolerMaster Centurion 5 case, Western Digital 500GB HDD, 1 Samsung DVD/cd drive.

The Issue: Windows (or i've tried windows xp pro SP3, and windows 7) gives me BSOD everytime after i shutdown the computer overnight (more than say approx. 5-6hrs). The error message that I receive varies everytime. Sometimes i get Memory_management error, Memory dump etc. etc. And than I re-seat the RAM and computer starts working normally without any issues. But the problem comes back once I shutdown the computer for more than 5 hrs or so.
    Note BSOD only comes up when the computer is off for more than 5 or 6 hrs. (I have tried booting after about 3hrs and have not had any problems.

The Remedies tried:
    I have tried upgrading (and downgrading) the bios to no avail. I have tried resetting cmos battery. I have tried multiple reformats to no use. I have even tried ubuntu linux but even ubuntu hangs up. I have tried memtest86+ v4.00 and have seen different results.
    When I run memtest after the computer has been shutdown overnight, I get TONS (more than 50 thousand) errors. However if I run memtest after re-seating the ram there are no errors.

The Question: I want to know what the problem is and how to fix it.

EDIT: The Problem is fixed now. I got newegg to replace the RAM and everything is working fine. Thanks guys for helping out.
    Last edited by CrashOverride; 12-28-2009, 01:36 PM.

anyone? No response from GSkill tech support??? Even people who posted question after me got their questions answered. This is ridiculous
    Last edited by CrashOverride; 12-09-2009, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Couple of thoughts, 1) clean the connectors on the RAM and the sockets for the RAm (rubbing alcohol for the connectors on the sticks, compressed air for the slots), another would be to up the voltage for the RAM and/or CPU/MC - shouldn't take much with either avenue.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Did you configure the memory settings according to the memory package specifications? Try testing each memory module individually to see if one or both sticks will have an issue. Simply return the memory for an exchange and the new set should be better.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php for complete RMA procedures.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Yyes, I have configured the memory settings according to the memory package specifications and I just finished testing one memory stick. And it seems to be working fine. Now I am testing the other memory stick.

pS: for my issue it takes minimum 6hrs time between each testing...

Comment

May be an unstable processor rather than defective memory. Try increasing the HT Voltage to 1.20V or 1.30V if you find an error.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

No, it's definitely not the processor now. I tested with individual RAM sticks. And one RAM stick had perfect boot and stable operating after 6+ hrs of shutdown. The other RAM stick gave me errors. Now I will test the working RAM in different slots just to double check and make sure that it isn't one of the motherboard slots which is causing this issue.

This testing will take few days since I will be away from home for couple of days (friday and saturday).

Thanks for being patient and helpful everyone.

Comment

Actually I ended up not going way and had time to test ram slots...and it turns out the working RAM stayed working on all the computer slots. And I am reporting from my desktop with 2GB RAM now ( no more 4GB for a while )

So I guess, I will be sending the defective stick for replacement.

But, I have a question, I purchased the RAM as a set of 4GB (2 x 2GB) from newegg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231189), so will it be alright if I send only the defective stick out of the two for replacement? Or do I actually need to send the whole set for replacement because that would really suck and I would end up with no access to my desktop for a week or more depending on how long the replacement takes.

Comment

bump....anyone???

Comment

actually I got newegg to issue an RMA. So I will get the replacement from newegg. Thanks for helping out.

Comment

The Egg's pretty good bout those issues, GSkill 'officially' is off on weekends, but sometimes pop in , which is why no response from them today.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Alright thanks for that info.

And I agree Egg's definitely awesome about RMA's.

My replacement period was actually "officially" over by 6 days but Newegg made an exception and get me an RMA...gotta love newegg

Comment

Hope you have better luck w/ the next set, let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Yes, I hope so too. Thanks and I will report back by next week when i get the replacement.

Comment

Same Issue

Ok This is the first thread that I've come across that describes the exact same problem I am having right now.

My Specs are: AMD Phenom II x4 955 @ 3.2GHz, 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 RAM (F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM), Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P (Rev 1.0) Motherboard, Nvidia 9800 GX 2 graphics card and windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, Thermaltake 1000W power supply, 2x Western Digital Velociraptor on Raid 0. Zalman CNPS9500A LED CPU Cooler.

The Issue again is: a BSOD everytime after i shutdown the computer overnight (more than about 8 hours). The error message that I receive varies. Usually I get Memory_management error, Memory dump, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, etc. First I also re-seated the ram everytime and it worked but I found out that all I needed to do to make that bsod go away was turn off my computer and turn it back on and it would work again until I turned of my computer overnight. I had 2 additional sticks of this same ram but one of them I RMA'd because it for a fact was faulty. Either way I tried it with just one stick rotating between the 3 working sticks and the same would happen. Perhaps a future BIOS update from Gigabyte will fix this issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X