F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD and MSI P55-GD65 LGA 1156

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD and MSI P55-GD65 LGA 1156

memory - G.SKILL Trident 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Desktop Memory Model F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD

Motherboard - MSI P55-GD65 LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel

Processor - Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz LGA 1156 95W

Can anyone tell me when I run CPU-Z what i should be seeing to know if this memory is running at the max speed?

Im a little confused on what I should be looking for to see if this memory is running at the speed of 2000?

1000MHz in the memory tab.

DDR3 (Double Data Rate), so half the DDR3-2000 speed. The actual memory frequency is 1000Mhz.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Somethings not right? What did I do wrong?

Comment

Did you manually set your timings, speed and voltage in the BIOS or do you have it on auto - auto will default to the mobos base ratings.

Do you have the latest BIOS for your mobo?

and on a side note, when you input the settings manually, you will probably have better luck with a command rate of 2T as opposed to 1T.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Few things I see here... mainly completely incorrect BIOS settings. VCore way too high for 3.3GHz, 1.30V should be enough. BCLK should be 200 instead of 197.5. Memory multiplier is set to 6 x, that will need to be 10 x for DDR3-2000. Make sure memory voltage is 1.65V and the computer should be flying after that.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I cannot seem to find the memory multiplier in the bios, is it called something else?

Comment

Under Memory Z, change DRAM Timing Mode to Manual. That will give you the Memory Ratio option. Set that to 5 for the 10 X memory multiplier. Then Enter Advanced DRAM Configuration for all the timing settings. Afterwards check DIMM1 Information to make sure Everything is set correctly. Once that's done, save and exit, and experience your new blazing fast computer.

Then you can visit the link in my signature to show appreciation. =)

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT
              Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 10-17-2009, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Yes, that did it! Amazing fast !

Thank you very much for the help, its greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                X