• Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws 1600 4gbx2 with 333 FSB GSkill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Motherboard: ASUS P5QC
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.16ghz E8500 Wolfdale
    PSU: PC Power & Cooling 750watt Single Rail
    RAM: GSkill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
    GPU: EVA 9800 512

I signed up to the forum to get help with finding stable settings to run these chips at 1333mhz But ended up posting in a different forum and then ended up solving the issue myself.

Basically I cannot run the chips higher than 1333mhz without overclocking the FSB which would end up causing my CPU to OC. Too many variables for me to try to troubleshoot at once. So I chose to run the chips at 1333mhz.

Simply underclocking the chips to 1333mhz with the factory specified timings of 9-9-9-24 did not work. I figured since I was underclocking the chips I would have to reduce the voltage below the factory recommended 1.5v. Since my motherboard won't allow me to drop the voltage below 1.5v my only option was to tighten up the timings. Eventually I found the ideal timings.

7-7-7-21
    The chips were able to clear 4 passes of memtest86 at these settings with zero errors. They also score 7.0 on windows experience index with windows7x64

My CPU multiplier, FSB, DRAM frequency, DRAM timings, and all of my voltages have been keyed in manually. I highly recommend doing this first because with automatic settings you will end up overvolting your hardware and run into stability issues and eventually premature hardware failure.

Now that I have the memory running stable, I will keep the RAM settings and work on getting my FSB from 333 to the 400mhz that is required in order to run these chips at 1600mhz

I'm posting this here because I got the chips on sale at newegg for $24.99 and I figured many other people might be having trouble getting these to run on unsupported motherboards. I hope this information proves to be useful to somebody out there
    Last edited by kevinhyatt; 12-21-2012, 01:26 AM.

Thanks for the input. For info purposes, yes of trying to run 1600 the FSB must at least match or be higher, which will OC the the CPU to a higher speed (GHz), however you can then lower your CPU multiplied down to reduce the speed/freq and get back to closer to the rated freq. Even with the multiplier down the rest of the system will still operate faster because of the higher FSB running through the pipes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X