Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.Skill F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL memory modules at 2133 Mhz ( or higher ??)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL memory modules at 2133 Mhz ( or higher ??)

Hi all,

I cannot manage to run 4x4 G.Skill F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL memory modules at 2133 Mhz ( or higher ??) with this mobo Asrock Z77 extreme 4, latest bios 1.90 and a Intel I5 3570K CPU
    Maybe someone can figure out "working" settings for my bios.....I tried several settings but to no avail.( I can only reach 2000 Mhz without having a bios faillure,= a restart)

Thanks and Regards
    Tony

Check and make sure you have the latest BIOS, enable XMP, select 2133 profile, then check that the VTT voltage is about 1.159

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman,

I have de latest bios 1.90 ,enabled XMP, 2133 profile and VTT to 1.156 but ..........I have been getting a weird issue with the current 2133 clocking. So basically , if I use the settings you provided to me and the computer is already powered on, it will successfully boot, but if the computer fully powers down, then the initial attempt at booting fails. If I simply go into bios, and exit without changing anything, it will boot since the computer is already powered on.

Any suggestions ???

Greetz TC

Comment

We've got another member with the same exact thing, if powered up, will boot, but not cold boot, am wondering if they had a bad batch of mobos, I've got one of these and haven't had any problems - just an idea, but might go backwards a BIOS revision or 2 and see if same problem persist, didn't see this problem prior to BIOS 1.8 or 1.9

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks againTradesman,

I installed bios version 1.40 with your adviced settings but same story !!!

Greetz

Tony

Comment

Any chance of of trying or borrowing and trying a different PSU?

Tman

Comment

I'm using a Coolermaster SilentPro PSU 700w without any problems till now???.........I can try another Corsair VX 500w PSU but does that make any sense ?? (maybe if my Coolermaster is faulty but I dont think so)
              When i do have some more time i give it a go and use the Corsair with only 1 SSD,1GPU and without DVD/RW.........I'll keep you informed

Thanks Tradesman

TC

Comment

Hi Tradesman,

Finally i think i found the culprit, it's the memory itself that causes these problems, they are specially designed for 2nd generation CPU's and mine is a I5 3570K 3rd generation.
                So i gone try to swap the memory or run them @ 2000 Mhz which is fine for the moment

Case closed or any other suggestions ??? Correct me if i am wrong

Bye and thanks for your time

TC
                Last edited by fiatuno49; 07-15-2012, 09:39 AM.

Comment

The Ripjaws X should still be fine with your combo, I'm running a 32 GB set of 2133/CL9 on my same combo as yours at 4.4-4.6. Have also run the 16 GB RJ X 2133/CL9, Snipers 2133 and 1866/CL9 (16GB) (all 4x4GB), so either sticks are bad (possible) or somethings off.

Tman

Comment

Meanwhile i tried the Corsair CX 550w PSU...........no success

Possible..............your ripjaws are fine with your combo but mine are G.Skill F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL and cannot run them above 2000 mhz on my combo
                    I tried the 1.40 bios from asrock which stated "Patch G-SKILL F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL memory" (my memory modules) this is why i bought them in the first place see ..........The 4 memory sticks are tested by memtest for 10 steps separately........no errors found

Thanks

TC
                    Last edited by fiatuno49; 07-15-2012, 02:07 PM.

Comment

What's your tRFC memory timings (around 171), it's in the advanced memory timings

Tman

Comment

What's your tRFC memory timings (around 171), it's in the advanced memory timings
                        As you see my tRFC memory timings are 171.However main probleem is still

I have been getting a weird issue with the current 2133 clocking. So basically , if I use the settings you provided to me and the computer is already powered on, it will successfully boot, but if the computer fully powers down, then the initial attempt at booting fails. If I simply go into bios, and exit without changing anything, it will boot since the computer is already powered on.

Thanks

TC

Comment

Have you tried 1.65 for DRAM voltage

Tman

Comment

Yes indeed....no luck

TC

Comment

I'll see if the GSkill folks can take a look and see something

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X