Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB Memtest86+ errors on 1866Mhz

Hey All,

I have G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) (F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL) and right now it is running at 1600Mhz(default).

When i am running Memtest86+(5 passes) at default 1600Mhz i am not getting any errors,

but when i am enabling X.M.P profile and memory "overclocks" to 1866Mhz, i am starting getting errors after 3 passes in Memtes86+.

Tried increasing voltage up to v1.515 -still same thing.

Any suggestions ? Thanks!

I'd guess the MC (Memory Controller) isn't feeding proper voltage(s), not sure of what mobo/cpu combo you have - if AMD in particular will prob need to raise CPU/NB voltage and DRAM voltage more, with Intel....better yet let me know what you have and we'll go from there

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      I'd guess the MC (Memory Controller) isn't feeding proper voltage(s), not sure of what mobo/cpu combo you have - if AMD in particular will prob need to raise CPU/NB voltage and DRAM voltage more, with Intel....better yet let me know what you have and we'll go from there
      Hey, Thanks for reply!

CPU: i7 3770k
      Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V Pro

All stock right now.

Thanks!

Comment

Ok, got the Asus pro, check that you have the latest BIOS and if not update and give it a try, if you already have the lates BIOS enable XMP and raise the VTT (Memory controller) voltage (may be CPUVTT or VTTCPU to about 1.13

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          Ok, got the Asus pro, check that you have the latest BIOS and if not update and give it a try, if you already have the lates BIOS enable XMP and raise the VTT (Memory controller) voltage (may be CPUVTT or VTTCPU to about 1.13
          Looks like i dont have these options

Thanks!

Comment

It's combined in with the VCCSA, try that at about 1.1 or closest possible

Tman

Comment

Tried This:

Still errors. I tried to increase DRAM voltage up to v1.52 -still, getting errors. I tried different variations and every time it is different errors(i mean on different passes and random amount).

Dont want to go more than v1.0125 because everything higer changes color from yellow to purple.

Thanks!

Comment

Any suggestions ? Thank you!

Comment

Might try resetting CMOS then enable XMP select 1866 and try again, if no joy, can you post your DRAM timings (basic and advanced) and what the system voltages set under XMP

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X