No announcement yet.

Issues with DDR3 1600, 2X 16Gb kits, Asus P9X79

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, well. At long last, I have received my new (matching set this time ) 32Gb of RAM from G.Skill.

I've been running with it in my computer doing the normal stuff for about 4 days now, and haven't had any related BSODs or crashes.

I've got the RAM running on XMP Profile #1 from the BIOS, and things are running smoothly.

Thank you everyone for your help!

I'm sure I'll be back when it's time for some overclocking

Comment

Glad to hear it, and when you're ready, we'll still be here....can always share what you do will all that DRAM, might help others thinking about upgrading

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Right now, nothing! Heh, RAM is so cheap right now, it made sense to just grab 32Gb. I mean, seriously, it was under $190 .

I do plan on running a Linux VM to be used as a file server and a firewall, but even that won't come close to using 32Gb.

I am also going to play around with the RAMdisk idea though, maybe a 20 Gb RAMdisk, with 12Gb dedicated to the rest of my duties.

I'm an engineer though, so I'm sure I'll think of something interesting!

Comment

Can always throw Win8 into a VM, they run fine, I had the beta developers edition of Win8 set up in dual boot and when I jumped to 32GB I just reloaded Win8 into a VM

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X