G.skill RipjawsZ Performance - DDR3 2400 Mhz 4x4 cl11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.skill RipjawsZ Performance - DDR3 2400 Mhz 4x4 cl11

Hello , i have the G.skill RipjawsZ Performance - DDR3 2400 Mhz quad channel kit (F3-19200CL11Q-16GBZHD) and i have a problem.
    systemspec:
    Msi bigbang xpower 2
    x3960@4.8
    2x590gtx
    1500w sliverstone

Problem is when i run the sticks in 2400 mhz it works fine the first boot 20h occt linkpack stable at 4.8ghz and 2400mhz but if i then reset the system it always crash after 10 min in occt no matter what i do. tried higher main timings , higher voltages etc.. problem is still there if cpu is on stock.. 2133 works fine.

Ideas ?

Do you have the latest BIOS, 1.2? 2/14/2012? Can be found here:

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/Big-Ba...tml#/?div=BIOS

Also they may not yet have even tested that up to 2400, their 'test' results show only up to 1600 sticks:

http://www.msi.com/file/test_report/TR10_2509.pdf

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

unfortunetly i have no difference between the 3 that are avaliable. =(
      Last edited by Palmee; 03-09-2012, 08:49 AM.

Comment

No subtimings i should change ?

Comment

All you should need do is enable XMP and select profile #1, the socket 2011 is XMP 1.3 and these sticks are designed for this socket/chipset. You could try running Memtest on each stick, but I have a feeling it's in the BIOS, have had a couple others having trouble with this mobo and 2133/2400 sticks. Think they ended up setting things up manually and complaining to MSI

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Did you raise CPU VTT Voltage? Should be around 1.20V for this kit.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

I've set it to 1.2v but to no avail . Unstable after reboot no matter what i set.. 128 bclk and 2388 works fine tho ..

Comment

Might try 1.22 on CPU VTT and possibly raise DRAM voltage + .02 or .03 or raise VCCSA just a tad for these sticks

Tman

Comment

tried vmem up to 1.72 vcca and vtt up to 1.3 v =(

Comment

Looked at the QVL and looks like very little testing at all with high end DRAM and didn't see anything on 8GB sticks/large (32+ GB) sets. Think it may be more BIOS than anything else. Might drop them a line, the sticks seem fine in other mobos under XMP as they should

Tman

Comment

I Agree , tested in a rampage extreme iv with the same cpu and works fine. Must be bios related. Thinking some subtimings change after reboot ?

Comment

Might want to check w/ MSI, see if they have an update in progress.

Tman

Comment

I got the answer to turn to you in the msi forums.. I created a support ticket also tho no answer on that yet.
                          Last edited by Palmee; 03-11-2012, 07:56 AM.

Comment

It looks like MSI rushed their motherboards out to market with very little testing on their BIOSs, there are a number of threads with MSI X79 motherboards and people using either fast or large quantities of RAM and XMP not working. The same sets of RAM under XMP seem to work fine with ASUS, ASrock and GigaByte motherboards. The same thing happened when they released their P67 motherboards, example -
                            http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10396
                            from today, and there are others from the last few days. MSI doesn't support their own forums, it's all run by users, and it doesn't seem like many , if any of them know much about manually Overclocking.

Comment

Palmee

If you can let us know when you hear from them

RamJam

I hear you, experienced the same

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X