Setting Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OFFTOPIC

Well, I just built one of these systems with cheap ASUS-P5QPL-AM (this is 2009 built board) I think it was. The NB is 1 damn pin in the motherboard in stock E6500 it heated up to 45-56c with 2x 120mm Antec 2000RPM fans in it. Hell, I sure made it a gaming rig in the end (lol, I attached one extra 120mm fan directly to that NB that looked more like South bridge from 90s, haha..).

but to consider they sell this equipment to regular customers with good fate who doesn't understand a thing most of the time what even is NB. That is beyond my understanding. There should be like meter high warning signs on these cheap mobos that (no worries you just bought a fry pan).

-edit-

Man, I got to show you this board. Take a look to this:
    Last edited by genetix; 09-10-2009, 08:36 PM.
    "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
    http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Well one thing I just got through doing was I had this Slot blower fan that I had in a free pci slot just below my 8800 GTX video card, it has 2 fans on it and it blows like heck, moves alot of air but it never made much difference at all in the temp of the vid card when i overclocked it, but I kept it in there cause it had pretty blue led lights

So I took it and mounted it above the vid card right below my Zalman 9500 PCU cooler and by me doing that it dropped the temp of the processor by 5 degrees, I also got a 2 fan memory cooler coming in the mail the first of next week, that should blow alot of air right on the memory modules and the surrounding motherboard.

Another problem I know I have with this Thermaltake Back VX case is the front intake fan is a 14cm size unit and the exhaust fan is a 12cm size unit, now i already replaced the the 2 fans that came with the case when i built it cause I wanted them to have blue leds. The 12cm exhaust fan is a 3 speed kind and i have it set on high and it moves a good amount of air out of the case but the 14cm fan in the front only turns at like 1000 rpm's so it hardly moves any air at all, it's real hard to find a blue led fan of that size that moves a good amount of air and I have been looking, so when I ordered the memory fan I went ahead and ordered a 12cm thats going to be turning at over 2500 rpm's and moving around 94cfm of air at that speed setting and it also has the blue leds i want, I'm going to do this cause I just noticed the other day that where the 14cm fan mounts in the front it also has mounting holes for a 12cm fan, so I won't have to be doing any drilling.

So I'm interested to see how much a temp difference the new front fan and memory fan is going to make.

Comment

Hey tradesman funny enough Intel's site has alot newer raid drivers then what Asus has on theirs. I got the SSD drives but havent installed them yet, been going over the manufactors forum, darn forum is confusing as hell, i read one place that before you install the OS on the drives that i need to go into dos and use diskpart to align the drives, then I read somewhere else on the forum that the drives that I bought are the newest ones that the company has made and for some reason that they didn't explain I don't have the align these drives. I got to make sure before I start doing this.

Comment

Could that be OCZ???? If so it can be confusing, there is some info there and thay too have good drives, I've used a number of them, but regardless, if you have the latest firmware I doubt if you'll really have a problem if you don't go through the alignment stuff. Depending on what your plans are it could possible mess you up a bit (in particular if you go dual boot), otherwise the benefits will be minimal, possibly seen (barely) in benchmarks (synthetic)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yes sir it is OCZ and that freakin forum is very confusing, things all over the place, nothing is organized

Comment

ya im going to try it without aligning it and see what happens

Comment

hmmm.....how could I have guessed which it was.....been there, LOL, but as I said there is a lot of good info there as well as here.

As for the alignment, I agree with you, go for it , load an OS and see what you think. Run some test and if you don't think it measures up, you can align it and see what that looks like, really don't think you'll see much of a deffernce, if any at all.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

First Benchmark

OK my friend I got the OS installed and all the tweaks that I could find done.

This is the first benchmark using ATTO which is I see what everyone else is using.
                  wether it's good or not I really don't know, got to read about this program so I understand what all the numbers mean.

By the way I'm using 2 OCZ 60GB Agility Series Drives
                  Last edited by bcountry; 09-11-2009, 10:35 PM. Reason: adding something

Comment

OFFTOPIC
                    (and not for anyone who likes warranties...)

Hmm, speaking of fans mentioned ordering above. If you got stock NVIDIA card like I did. I saw'd it open half from blastic part(Straight below the first screw holes in the middle so you can readd the second half back to the card to keep the stock fan airflow correct. +++ After, I tested that cards good and I was ok to say goodbye BFG warranties, lol) & dropped similar setup on below it blocking ""/""<-this angle straight to GPU this dropped GPU temps to 33-35 degrees(with however low GPU BIOS allows the fan to go) on 9800 GTX 65nm (Original is stable 60c with 35-38% fan 'when card was new'). (Planning same on my new GTX275 now). Also got one 120mm fan on above GPU as you do. Wondering which direction you got the fan setup to. Since I'm trying to cool down time to time the North bridges on some board so it's like stock setup to me to hit this fan on top of GPU.
                    Last edited by genetix; 09-12-2009, 07:16 AM.
                    "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:

Comment

Not bad at all, may want to take a look at CrystalDiskMark, DiskSpeed or some other BM programs, you can find Crystal here (and others at the same site)

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...DiskMark.shtml

Tman

Comment

Mo fans is mo better!!!

I point all fans to draw the air past/at device being cooled while air flow is from the front of the case to exhaust out the back of the case, like a huge 1 way street!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4x64 View Post
                          Mo fans is mo better!!!

I point all fans to draw the air past/at device being cooled while air flow is from the front of the case to exhaust out the back of the case, like a huge 1 way street!!
                          Nah, cool cases have 200mm fans. Point the CPU fan to that, if such style, hehe. HDs on front generates heat too you know Side fans doesn't.

Comment

Now, Now kids........think it really all depends on the case, what's putting out the most heat, where....and even at times when........ Think the point here, on this thread, is bcountry is up and running solid, and is upgrading and getting a real good OC going also.........................hmmm......could just open the case and put it in a fridge

Tman

Comment

I see USB, SATA ports and another switch coming on my fridge soon---lol and yes, HD's need cooling too, with their size a lot heat there, not hot hot but definately a lot spread out.

I am VERY happy to see BCOUNTRY running like a pro!!
                              Last edited by 4x64; 09-12-2009, 03:09 PM.

Comment

One thing I noticed even before installing the hard drives was putting 8GB of G.Skill memory to replace the 2GB of generic memory that I had in there made the computer feel like a new one, I disabled the page file and the machine felt like a rocket booting up and shutting down and opening programs, so alot of the credit goes to the memory.

Comment

Working...
                                X