F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH + ASUS P7P55D BIOS settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH + ASUS P7P55D BIOS settings

Here are the settings for the G.Skill F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH + ASUS P7P55D motherboards

We tested this motherboard at DDR3-2000 with 8GB at rated specs without any issues. Went up to 2100 without any issues either.

Was able to get DDR3-2350+ with a different memory package

These tests were done on the Deluxe version with an i7 860 processor (x 12 memory multiplier).

i5 750 processor:

AI Overclock Tuner - Manual
    CPU Ratio Setting - 14.0 for 2.80GHz
    BCLK Frequency - 200
    DRAM Frequency - DDR3-2000MHz

DRAM Voltage - 1.65V
    CPU PLL Voltage - 1.90V

DRAM Timing Control (submenu)
    CAS Latency - 9
    RAS to CAS Delay - 9
    RAS PRE Time - 9
    RAS ACT Time - 27

DRAM Timing Mode - 1N
    All others can be AUTO

i7 860 processor:

AI Overclock Tuner - Manual
    CPU Ratio Setting - 17.0 for 2.83GHz
    BCLK Frequency - 167
    DRAM Frequency - DDR3-2004MHz

DRAM Voltage - 1.65V

DRAM Timing Control (submenu)
    CAS Latency - 9
    RAS to CAS Delay - 9
    RAS PRE Time - 9
    RAS ACT Time - 27

DRAM Timing Mode - 1N
    All others can be AUTO

Save and exit.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 05-20-2010, 03:08 PM.

Hi GSkill,

Were you able to overclock to 4GHz or over with an i5? If so what were the settings?

thanks
    Quyeno

Comment

Here are some pics, unfortunately we do not keep record of actual BIOS settings. I hope you have a good cooler because it will get HOT. =)

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

OMG!!! 4.3GHz!!!! thats insane, very impressive. i'm only looking for a modest 4GHz I have a Corsair H50-1 compact water cooler and plan to use two fans on the radiator. Juast waiting for my new GTX 275 and i can start my new build, hopefully i don't run into any cold boot/memory problems with the F3-16000.

I have a question, i bought 2 packs of F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH. The odd thing is that although the memory label on both packs state the same product code they have different voltage ratings and also timings?!

One pack states: CL9-9-9-24 1.65v
        the other states: CL9-9-9-27 1.60v

why the difference and would there be any compatibility issues running these together, even at 1.65v?

thanks

Comment

One must be a prior version and the latter an updated. They are still exactly the same, just with different SPD values, so you will have no issues operating both together with either settings.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hi,

I bought 4 12800CL9D Modules but my system chrashes if I use all 4 modules.
            System: Asus P7P55D / i5 750

Could I try the settings above with the following changes:
            DRAM Frequency - DDR3-2000MHz -> DRAM Frequency - DDR3-1600Mhz
            RAS ACT Time - 27 -> RAS ACT Time - 24
            ?

Comment

Hello,

I have a similar setup,

same CPU, mobo and memory's

when i leave the IMC voltage to auto it goes up to 1.24v its been said in several overclocking forums that the safe voltage limit for IMC is 1.21v, at which voltage (1.21v) i can't get the system stable running the mems at 2000mhz.

should i worry about these? what's your opinion on the max safe voltage for IMC on these setup.

i5 750
              P7P55D DELUXE
              Ripjaw 2x2GB 2000mhz

thank you in advance

Comment

RedBasti,

Yes, that is fine. Instead of 9-9-9-27, you can use 8-8-8-24.

tAkEr.pt,

1.21V is very low, that is NOT the safe voltage unless you are running default DDR3-1333. For DDR3-2000, it may need up to 1.30V, so 1.24V is perfectly fine.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Im running the LE version of this motherboard with this ram kit using default bios settings, everything set to auto, using an ocz modXstream 600w psu and Asus eahhd4890 graphics card on windows 7 HP

One set of these have failed already and it looks like the replacements are on the way out too.

I dont want to overclock my cpu as is suggested by the settings above, i want it running at default speed and the ram to clock down.

What settings should i use in the bios to achieve this ?

Any overclocking i want to be left to AIsuite within the OS

Should i clear my cmos first before applying any changes you suggest ?

Comment

Simply clear CMOS, then enable the XMP Profile, and everything should run fine. If not, test each stick individually to insure that no sticks are defective.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Nope, doing that raises the BCLK to 200 and lowers the ratio to 9, giving a ram frequency of 2000mhz

All i really want to know now is what are the specific timings to run these modules at 1333mhz, keeping the cpu at default 2.6ghz.

Comment

I'm overclocking my computer and i'm not trying to go all out on the ram but i'm stepping it up and trying to tighten the timings but i've been having some real bad issues trying to make it stable many blue screens, no post, and a few hangs when os trys to boot.

System specs:
                        asus maximus 3 extreme
                        i7 860 lynnfield
                        8gb DDR3-2000mhz pc3-16000 CL9-9-9-27 1.65V F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH
                        noctua nh-d14
                        xfx black edit 850 watt psu

I'm currently trying to aim for a stable 4.0ghz cpu clock, and 1600mhz ram with 8-8-8-24 timings, the following bios i've tryed last is this:

20x multiplier
                        200 base clock
                        2 to 8 ratio giving me 1600 mhz
                        8-8-8-24-N1
                        1.275vcore
                        1.65v dram
                        1.40 cpu pll (i'm not sure why this is so high i'm pretty sure it should be 1.05, 1.10, 1.12ish)

These settinsg loaded os but when testing with intelburntest maximum 8 threads it failed before the first 1/5 loops and I got a blue screen. I know its not not the base clock because i've had it running 200 base clock 15x multiplier and 2:6 ram ratio giving me 1200mhz ram tested with intelburntest at this settings and it passed, but the timings were different, whenever I leave timings default they are set to 9-11-11-??-N2, if someone can give me some advice on how to achieve stable tight ram at 1600mhz with either 9-9-9-27-N1 or 8-8-8-24-N1 would be great thanks in advance appreciate any help.
                        Last edited by Step; 02-05-2011, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X