SUS Maximus III GENE - F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUS Maximus III GENE - F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM

I have a ASUS Maximus III GENE motherboard with a Intel i7-860 CPU and 2 sets of F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (8GB),with Windows 7. Since building the machine, I am having random BSODs or random reboots.

I have tried using the auto memory settings and using the MEMTEST feature to configure the memory, but the BSODs and reboots continue.

I am wondering if anyone could suggest the proper settings for the RAM or any other suggestions to eliminate the BSODs?

Try enabling the XMP Profile to see if the automatic settings will be stable for you.

Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Xmp

Yeah, I did try XMP mode (it only has Profile #1) available to it, but I still get random BSODs and restarts.

Any other ideas or settings to try? I've run Memperfect that the BIOS has, and it doesn't report any errors there.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? Try testing each set first to see if both will work fine as 4GB sets.

Keep us psosted on the results.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I had some quality control issues with the one I had. If you can, send it back and get yourself something else. I moved over to MSI's P55-GD80 since their M-ATX board only supported X4 on the second PCI-E X16 slot.
          Work-in-progress

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
          Arctic Cooling Freezer 360
          Asus Crosshair VI Hero
          32GB (4X8) F4-3600C15D-16GTZ - G.Skill took too long getting their act together with their RGB RAM!
          2X Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
          Samsung EVO 960 500GB
          3X Seagate 3TB SATA3/7,200RPM
          LG 16X Blu-Ray/DVD Writer
          SilverStone Strider 1200 Watt
          Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered

Comment

Hi,

First, I am French and I live in France, and even if I studied Englsih as wisely as possible, excuse me if I make some errors, and tell me if I say something wrong or horrible

I am experiencing the same problem with my Maximus III Gene and a Core i5 750.

If I put 2 memory banks, most of the time, it freezes and I have BSODs. But if the computer has been started since a moment, I don't have the problem. Looks like I have the very well known cold boot issue. The XMP profile doesn't resolve the thing.

And if I put 4 banks, no matter if the PC is cold or enabled since a moment, I have quite every time BSODs...

Some banks failed too under Memtest86+, no matter if the PC is cold or "hot"...

Asus told me that it is because the RAM doesn't figure on the QVL, and they don't promise that 4 banks of this memory will work, but the QVL has not been updated since Septembre 2009, and 3 Bios has been released to improve the memory compatibility.

Should I send my DDR3 kits to my reseller, to send it to you, or not ?
            Last edited by SCOTRET; 10-25-2010, 02:59 PM. Reason: More precisions

Comment

If your reseller can acccept the RMA, do that. If not, send it to our Taiwan office.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks, I just sent a request to my reseller, who told me to send back each kit.

Comment

Working...
                X